Hemp C Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemp C Hydro

Thinking about building a Hemp C hydro kit this fall. Anybody think there is a better C hydro to build? I know it's personal prefrence, but there are a TON of hemp boats out there, so they must be good.

What does a kit cost?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

The best C boat I have ever driven!!!! I have 30+ years racing , and my 17 year old son started racing it in OSY400 last year and he loves the boat. I don't think you can go wrong with one of Sams' boats.

Comment

RunneCraft

I don't know if RunneCraft does kits, but you should check into it. Here is a link with their pricing. Their boats always run up front.

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10242

Comment

Try

Marc Johnson Boat Plans. He is a banner sponsor on this website. He sells plans you can build from. Also can customize it to your needs and wants unlike a kit you purchase.

For kits Sorenson sells one, JDS sells one, and I am sure many more. There is a link to all the builders somewhere on this website.

I think all have won a fair share of races.

And like you say a lot of it perosnal preference. I prefer the plans Marc sells, eay to build, full scale plans so you can trace it to the wood or composites, and a detailed instruction booklet to go along with it.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Loaded question

Tom,
          Talk about a loaded question - everybody will jump on here and have a favorite builder and why the others are not what you want. Could have asked what is your favorite: blonds, brunettes or red heads? Or what is the best beer? You might get a concenses with that one - free and cold.

The question you should ask is who makes kits/ plans? Then once you have a list of those builders who provide kits/ plans, then spend the summer figuring out what kind best fits you. Watch the makes are each race you attend and where possible, try and bum a test ride in as many makes as you can. This way, when fall comes and you are ready to build, you have a good idea as to which brand will best fit you.

Just a suggestion.
          Brian 10s

Comment

Good idea..

Brian,

Sounds like a good idea to me! Finding somebody that will put me in there boat may be a little difficult.

I'm planning to go to all the races in MI this summer, so we will see!

Thanks!
            Tom
            Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

Tom,
              Some guys might be willing to give you a quick ride but testing is usually very scarce at the race sites. You can still learn alot by watching the boats on the water and how each handles different water conditions and maybe some by talking to the drivers.

Whoever you go with, good luck and hope to see you this summer.
              Brian 10s

Comment

Im sure I will see you around this summer if your in michigan. Looking forward to hitting the races just to look around.

Take care!
                Tom
                Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

Working...
                X