55h thread repairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55h thread repairs?

I need the names, numbers and options for thread repairs on 55h gear boxes. I have a couple of them and would like to save them.

I hear you can go .075 over threads and even rumors of guys welding and repairing.

email:
    wiudb@hotmail.com

Brian,

I wish that I could give names and phone numbers of people that can repair your cases but I can't anymore. (They're all gone...........) However, I can tell you that almost anything is possible. For example, Ted Lewis repaired some cases by making cones that were slightly oversize.
    Don't throw away your case too quickly. Sometimes stuff that seems hopeless to us mere mortals can be repaired by the boat racing guru's.

David

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Doug Kay

Hey Brian,

I do not have Doug's number but he can do them as we discussed on the phone he is outside of Detroit if I recall. I will see if I can dig up the number for you.

Regards,
      Dave Scott
      Aim Marine Inc.
      613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
      Ottawa, Canada
      http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
      DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

I have Dougs number at work. I will send it to you tomorrow. Just got a 55-H from him and his workmanship is unreal.

Alan

Comment

Alan Akerstrom can definitely repair them. He has a very slick method of replacing the threaded section of the gearcase so you can use them with the stock nut. Looks like new when completed.
          Jake

Comment

Gear box threads

Phil McDaniel has the tap to cut oversize threads in your case. He will machine a hub with oversize threads. Give him a call at 843-446-7767. BURT HOEFS
            B BURT

Comment

Dougs phone number is 586-212-5917

Comment

Working...
              X