• WCOR New Club

West Coast Outboard Racing

What a great success our first meeting.
    New officers:

Commadore: Lee Tietze
    Vice Commadore: Darren Goehring
    Sec/Treas: Mark McClellan

Next meeting: March 17
    More information next week on our first wet meet, which looks like it will be insured testing. (Never enough testing, right?)

Everything was positive and it looks like a very bright future for AOF racing on the Western shores.

bump bump
    RussBircher45-R

Comment

Birth of a New Club

Come test with us next spring!

Watch here for the announcement of our new club website address in the coming months.

Al Peffley
      WCOR Website Coordinator

Comment

fun fun fun.........

Originally posted by AOFoffice View Post
        West Coast Outboard Racing

What a great success our first meeting.
        New officers:

Commadore: Lee Tietze
        Vice Commadore: Darren Goehring
        Sec/Treas: Mark McClellan

Next meeting: March 17
        More information next week on our first wet meet, which looks like it will be insured testing. (Never enough testing, right?)

Everything was positive and it looks like a very bright future for AOF racing on the Western shores.

one of the main objectives we discussed is to have FUN, with less stress..............come join in..............
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Brilliant

You guys are brilliant. You have opened up a whole new world for boat racing.
          Your new club with some organized testing is just what boat racing needed.
          You pay $200 for the insurance and get to test on a site that has otherwise been closed to testing without the spectator liability insurance.
          You don't need a sanction fee because it is not a race. However, nothing says you can't have some grudge matches and keep your club points.
          You can bring in the new J driver and let him/her practice with no pressures. The same goes for your next door neighbor who always wanted a ride and might even start racing if he/she got a chance to take a ride.
          And how about the locals who hear the noise. Give em a ride. They just might be your next big sponsor because they own the KFC down the block.
          Wow.
          You would not even be required to have an ambulance on site, however, I would make sure you informed the local ambulance to be on stand by and have a designated 911 caller on the bank. Most ambulances promise 3 minute response time these days anyway. That is no time at all.
          I am sure AOF will be allowing the one week end membership ($25), which can be added to at anytime to make a full $75 membership, and that even allows you to be in the Hospital Trust Fund in case of accident. I am hoping AOF will allow a special lower cost for the testing of a brand new to boat racer who just wants to test the waters. Maybe $10 a day or something.
          WCOR should be able to add new members to our sport as well as great new sites with new sponsors.
          Thank you for your ingenuity!
          Connie Payn
          Last edited by YankeeRacing; 01-22-2007, 08:12 AM.

Comment

my thoughts exactly Connie!!

Originally posted by YankeeRacing View Post
            You pay $200 for the insurance and get to test on a site that has otherwise been closed to testing without the spectator liability insurance.
            You don't need a sanction fee because it is not a race. However, nothing says you can't have some grudge matches and keep your club points.
            You can bring in the new J driver and let him/her practice with no pressures. The same goes for you next door neighbor who always wanted a ride and might even start racing if he/she got a chance to take a ride.
            And how about the locals who hear the noise. Give em a ride. They just might be your next big sponsor because they own the KFC down the block.
            Wow.
            You would not even be required to have an ambulance on site, however, I would make sure you informed the local ambulance to be on stand by and have a designated 911 caller on the bank. Most ambulances promise 3 minute response time these days anyway. That is no time at all.
            I am sure AOF will be allowing the one week end membership ($25), which can be added to at anytime to make a full $75 membership, and that even allows you to be in the Hospital Trust Fund in case of accident. I am hoping AOF will allow a special lower cost for the testing of a brand new to boat racer who just wants to test the waters. Maybe $10 a day or something.
            WCOR should be able to add new members to our sport as well as great new sites with new sponsors.
            Connie Payn

after I typed my response last night and headed to bed, I thought the exact same things. This could/will be an excellant opportunity to get NEW prospective members involved in boat racing also. What better than to have an entire weekend for someone to find out if they really are interested in our sport and the ability to do it with no stress or time rush involved?? This will also benefit the 2 APBA clubs in the area, SOA and CORA, relieving some time strains from them (with boat rides) and then allows them the new members to race with the "big dawgs" with a little "on the water experience" and gain new members. It is a "win win" situation for all...........
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeRacing View Post
              You can bring in the new J driver and let him/her practice with no pressures. The same goes for your next door neighbor who always wanted a ride and might even start racing if he/she got a chance to take a ride.
              Wow.
              Connie Payn
              Connie
              The cost will be set by the club and how much it will take to put on the event. The AOF office has told them they can use the payment plan,
              But it is up to the club to to set the entry fee.
              Thank you for all the support from you on helping me with this new club under way.
              I sent the picture of Brian to Randy to put on the web page (the one in the snow).it such be up soon!
              Thank you again
              AOF Office
              Russ Bircher Ex. Dir.

Comment

bump bump bump
                Russ Bircher45-R

Comment

Working...
                X