Stolen Motors--reward!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Motors--reward!!!

Reward for information leading to the recovery of two motors and other equipment stolen from racing trailer in Bothell, WA on the evening of March 12th.

Items stolen include:

1 Yamato 80 (20SS) stock engine

1 Yamato 302 (C Stock) engine

2 racing helmets, one open face, one full face

4 D Stock Racing Propellers.

If anyone in the Seattle/Tacoma/Everett area hears of some racing equipment that is a deal 'too good to be true', please contact me ASAP. My racing season depends on it, as does a couple other people's.

Thank you,

Patrick Gleason
    patrickgl@msn.com
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Man that really sucks. I hope you get your stuff back soon.

Jake B.
    Jake

Comment

That Sucks

If it stays in the racing world, it should turn up sooner or later. I think it's a saying used by the US Marines that would apply nicely here "Identify, Locate, Destroy". Show no mercy. Lost a gearcase that way about 10 years ago, still watching for it.

Comment

That Sucks

If it stays in the racing world, it should turn up sooner or later. I think it's a saying used by the US Marines that would apply nicely here "Identify, Locate, Destroy". Show no mercy. Lost a gearcase that way about 10 years ago, still watching for it.

Comment

I really think with something like this, the person is almost definately not a racer. Someone selling a Y80, Y302, and D props that isnt a racer might raise a few eyebrows, no matter the price. Good luck.

Jake
          Jake

Comment

Additional Info ?

Patrick - Do you have anything that could identify this stolen propery if seen by a racer? ie - #'s engraved on props,make and style of props,marks or blems on engines,sizes of helmets and style. The more info the better unless the a**holes view this web site! But it was probably some pudheads that don't know what they have.
            Tom L.

Comment

Identifying Marks

Hi Tom,

The only thing I can give that kind of detail on would be the 302, since that was the only thing stolen that was mine. The ironic part was that we drove down to the race and sent the equipment down on Rautenberg's trailer, so ALL the other stuff of ours was in the back of the truck. I even thought about bringing the 302 back with us in the truck because we overheated it on Sunday, but never got the word to Kyle when he was packing things up.

Anyway, our 302 has an extended tank, a folding steering bar, and we kept the sparkplug cover on the back of the head, something most racers do not do. And given the condition it was in at the end of the race, anybody who tries to run it is going to have a few problems (can you say "no compression"?). There's also a couple other things about the way it was set up that would make it instantly recognizable to me.

I just hope that either myself or the Cops find the person who took it before my kid does. That could get REAL ugly if Kyle finds them first.

R-19
              www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

I can tell you that the 80 (20ssh) has a recorded serial number on it so if someone out there decides to sell a yamato 80 maybe you should get the serial number and give myself or pat gleason a post or a call. This is the second time we have had our stuff stolen. The last time it was a J hydro, motor and all, and the idiot decided to sell it to a 40 year old boat racing friend so chances are they are going to try and sell this stuff to the racing community. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Thanks
                Sheryl Rucker

Comment

I'm working on getting the Serial Number---I know Montoya probably has it recorded somewhere because I bought the motor new from him. I have to provide it to the police anyway.

R-19
                  www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Totally Sucks...

If you find the serial numbers, post them... Same with the props, if they have numbers...(round ears, cleavers...or)...

My luck has been, if you don't get stuff back within a day or two.....

We had a MOD VP stolen out of the front yard. Actually, It wasn't mine, it was Rich Zileke's (I had sold it to him)... I was going to his house with my MOD VP, heading for a race, he lived on a hill, and the boat was down the hill, on the corner with two guys trying to hook it back up to a truck...

I figured, dumb jackasses they can hook it up themselves...they don't need me. I get up the hill, the cops are there at Rich's, I ask, "What's up?" They say someone stole Rich's boat. I said, "Hell, it is down the street, two guys are trying to hook it up to their truck."

The Rich and the cops hauled down there and "BUSTED THEM". Actually, I remember now, Rich hooked on to the boat and we went to the races...

Sometimes, you get lucky...

We were at Havasu skiing and we were staying at the Nauqutal Inn... We were standing around drinking some beers, about six kids come in the parking lot, yelling and drinking beer (They are in an old sand buggie)...... they all head over to the weeds, we figure they are needing a pit stop.

These "KIDS" kind of horse around... we drink a few beers. They get in the BUGGIE and wave at us. About ten minutes later, the talking gets to props....about five of us walk over to look at my prop....it is gone and so is everyone else's. (They got like 12-14 wheels... In broad daylight.

Those kids had made a run at our props... Usually, the cops said, "They thought the props were being stolen in the night." Had we not been talking props, we would have never noticed our prop was gone until the morning....

Of course, I had spares in my car that I sold at a HIGH PRICE.....NOT REALLY!!!

I never leave my prop on my ski boat at Havasu, anymore...

Hope you get the stuff back...
                    Last edited by Ron Hill; 03-13-2004, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Keep Us Posted...

Patrick,

You Packin'?

Deano:
                      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

That Sucks...

Too bad to hear about the stuff being lifted.... Wouldn't you love to get your hands them, I think I would have punch the in the Sternum hard enough to make their heart skip a beat!

It should surface, if it is someone who knows what they have taken it may not. But if it is some local nutbag looser it will surface & when it does LOCK the _astard(s) UP!!!!

Eye For An Eye!
                        BB17W
                        17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Stolen 302 Serial Number

The Serial Number of the stolen 302 is #1518.

Sheryl or Kevin, can you post the SN for Dick's 80?

Thanks

R-19
                          www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Pat,

I'm sending an E-alert this week -- Please send me the details on the items that were stolen. The E-alert newsletter now goes out to over 2500 APBA members, so that would cover a lot of bases.
                            Anything to help you to recover your stolen items.
                            Please send to: news@apba-racing.com

Val
                            APBA website news
                            http://www.apba-racing.com

Comment

Thanks Val. What you have is pretty much all the info on my 302. I will get ahold of Dick Rautenberg and Dave Anderson (owners of the stolen 80 and D Stock Proprs respectively) and see if I can get any additional info.

Thanks again,

R-19
                              www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X