Intorduction to New Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intorduction to New Leader

I would like to take this time to tell all of you about the AOF National Meeting Held in Spokane Washington Nov 11, 2006. We had a good turn out even though the weather kept many from attending..
    I'm Russ Bircher, your new Executive Director. We have many exciting plans for this year. Our main goals are to bring on new clubs, grow the membership, and work with other clubs and organizations. We are all out there for the same reasons: to race and have fun with our families.

Your President is Mr. Rod Black from Spokane Washington. (Last year's president.) We're working in conjunction with each other to bring new clubs in and get old clubs back. Rod did an outstanding job last year and always gives AOF 100%

We're happy to bring back Tony Staron in a new role as V.P. of Competition. Tony was past president for many years. Tony will be helping us out in the East organizing new clubs and race sights for AOF. It's such an honor to have him aboard.

As a new officer of AOF, and someone who is very excited about the organization, is your new Safety Director, Carl Lewis of Federal Way, Washington. Carl has been in boat racing from J's to the pro class. He is involved with the Unlimited Hydros year after year. His cause has always been toward safely.

Jay Roesner has agreed to continue acting as treasurer for AOF. He has done an outstanding job for you.
    Jay, Rod and I will be working side by side in every aspect for AOF.

Dave Loomis is back as Secretary. Dave has a lot of new ideas and will be implementing them for the benefit of all who are staging races. His background as a major project manager will be put to use in so many ways to make AOF a well oiled machine.

Howard Pickerell continues as the Technical VP. You will notice many issues concerning the motor head end of racing on the upcoming ballot. His work and his club are a major force for AOF in the Eastern US. He is also a great listener and problem solver, so if you have any tech issues, please give him a call.

Steve Roskowski of Indiana has joined us as our Historical Director. He will be working on our 35 year history as well as helping those with the antique rigs to race. His help in these fields equates to winning a large lottery. We are blessed.

Connie Payn has agreed to stay for a while as the Checkered Flag editor. Please send anything for the newsletter to AOFOffice@aol.com in a timely matter. Pictures are encouraged. We expect Officer, Director, and club news. Please share your ideas and pictures. Get us your race results in a timely manner.

At the national meeting we PLEDGED to do our best for AOF and to you, its members. I want to thank you for this opportunity to serve you.. Myself and my wife Sue are looking forward to making new friends with all of you.

I want to thank NWC and SLORA for the hospitality. The banquet was a class act. Sue and I thank you again for the outstanding achievement award from NWC.

Russ Bircher
    Executive Director
    Phone number: 360-458-1833
    E-Mail: bmagic555@comcast.net

Rod Black: Rod.Black@att.net
    Carl Lewis mrlou40@msn.com
    Dave Loomis DaveL@graham.ca
    Howard Pickerell AOFOffice@aol.com
    Tony Staron toeknee33f@aol.com
    Jay Roesner JORAOF@aol.com
    Steve Roskowski sroskowski@arcindy.com
    And all information or requests can also still be sent to AOFOffice@aol.com