Looking for suggestions for sponsors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for suggestions for sponsors

Good morning everyone. I am new to HydroRacer and to posting messages (so beware, I have no idea what I am doing)!!!

My name is Andy Hoyt and I live just North of Charlotte, NC (Lake Norman). I am married with three boys (ages 16, 14 and 11), we are avid boaters, waterskiers, jetskiers, etc. I built my first Hydro when I was 16 and learned a lot from that experience. Now I am starting a program through Big Brothers and the YMCA to teach inner city kids to build hydros and eventually race them against each other. Most of these kids may never get the opportunity to enjoy the thrill of boating or the sense of accomplishment they will get from completing and racing a creation from their own hands.

I have a large warehouse and all the woodworking equipment, but I am looking for sponsors to help pay for materials. If anyone has any suggestions, I would certainly appreciate it. The project I have in mind is the J-Hydro, but am open to suggestions on that as well.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who would like to weigh in. You can either post here or send me an e-mail at andy@iblindz.com.

Andy Hoyt

Good morning Andy and welcome to HydroRacer.Net glad you came aboard, your project sounds like a winner. The folks over on the west coast did the very same thing and I believe it was called the Harm J project lets hope they will chime in and give you a few pointers and contact names regarding supplies etc to get your project up and running.

You have some of the most talented boat buiders in the country right in your back yard and with a little coaching you could propbably get John Runne and Marc Johnson to stop by and give the kids a few pointers even bring a boat or two over for the kids to climb in etc.

This sounds like a winner to me
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Entered sorenson in search. Here are some posts to check out
      https://hydroracer.net/forums/search.php?searchid=103842

Does anyone have that link where they were building j-rigs in Washington? I think it was in the propeller and included Sorenson and Dawe? Very close to what this fella is doing..............

https://hydroracer.net/forums/showthr...t=harm+project

19P
      Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 11-12-2006, 07:12 AM.
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Here it is

Harm J Project

Harm J Project
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Andy

My name is Kristi Ellison and I am President of the US Title Series and the PRO Commissioner for Region 4. I live in your backyard as well, in Fayetteville, NC. We race in Raleigh on Lake Wheeler every year in October. I invite you to bring the kids and their families over for the 2007 race. They can walk the pits meet the drivers and see how this all works. They will like our KPH kids who are very friendly and love to give advice.

Kristi Ellison

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
          Tomtall 06

Comment

good for the kids

we gotta start doin somthing for the youth ,, I hope you have great success with your project,the guys out west used sorensen copys and I do believe that Mr. Sorensen helped coach them as well..it would be super cool if one of the boat builders in your area could get you some kits of there J hydro design and maybe give you a few pointers, both of the builders Dan mentioned have exceptional and proven designs ,they both would be a great choice, one other person up in that area is George Stillwell and his hemp copys ... stay with it cause its just a matter of time before we do the same thing down here in florida and get this whole stock outboard thing back right ,,, lets seee if we can double the juniors class at the nationals in the next 5 yrs maybe triple,,, its our best shot at new growth DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!Gods Blessing to your project and all that support it ..and GOOD LUCK....................................824-F

Comment

Kph

KPH another wonderful avenue for youth,, hey what is the starting age for KPH .?

Comment

Welcome

Andy, My name is John Runne, I am the Stock Outboard Commissioner for American Power Boat Association (APBA) in your area. I will be happy to help you launch this project in any way that I can. I have also been building boats since 1977 and began racing in 1966 in the J runabout class. Please contact me by e-mail or phone: e-mail - csh2z@hotmail.com
                phone - 252-636-9007
                Looking forward to hearing from you, John 2-Z
                John Runne
                2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Ken

The KPH starting age is 11.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                  Tomtall 06

Comment

Sponsors

Andy, you are in a prime location for water sports, Lake Norman has some of the Top Nascar drivers in the nation living right at you back door just a possibility that you may be able to hook up with one of them and really make a neat project out of it, Not only for you but for their Kids as well. Just my two cents. Mark.

Comment

Andy,

Do your boys race or have they ever been in a race boat? I also have 3 boys 15, 14 and 12. They all race and love it maybe we could get your kids a ride one day!

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                      X