Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you do for the sport next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talked To Brinkman TODAY....

Vic said....

New 15 Evinrude.... http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=3483
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-01-2006, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I got off topic a couple of days ago with the propeller talk. What I plan on doing for the sport is to put together an NBRA Novice rig this winter and bring it along for potential racers to try out next summer.

Comment

Great !!

Tim, I hope to bring a few new folks (to NBRA not boats) and the Novice Rig available would be an excellent way to incent them to come as the kids could cross over as well. Right now the APBA J class boats are not legal in NBRA, the NBRA has a Min 10' boat length rule for Novice. Eliminates most APBA J boats from crossing over.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

This is my first year racing and had a blast.I raced 25 ss hydro.Well I have a chance to put my hydro in a car show here in Grand Rapids.I thought it would be an oportunity to let people know about boat racing.Any help from you veteran racers would be appreciated.Like what to put on plaque in front of boat and etc or any other ideas
          Thanks Craig

Comment

Michigan

Craig,

You have several racers right in your area. We have three teams here in the Battle Creek area. Sidor is in GR.

Let any of us know if you need any help.

Dave
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Baffle....

Originally posted by 42R Dad View Post
              Are you making the carbs like the "RACE" 15's??? Or what are you doing there..??

Ron,
              I only needed one carb. Bought it off ebay, bought throttle parts from John Myers. I do not have a baffle in this carb. Does this make the carb illegal?

Jeff
              Jeff,

You need the baffle. Contact Dave Bennett he is buildng them.
              17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

How do I get a hold of Sidor in GR ?

Comment

Check Your Pm

Originally posted by crazymanme2 View Post
                  How do I get a hold of Sidor in GR ?
                  I sent you a PM with his contact info
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Jeff Kelly: Johnson 15

I've got a clean Johnson 15, no handle or gearcase. I need $600 for it....

Or Tell me how much to make it into an "A" motor...I'd want to purchase the gearcase.

Broc, my 17 year old, ran "A" a Parker Thanksgiving...he called his "RIDE" a BANCHEE....He totally loved his "RIDE" even though he ended up on his HEAD!!!

If I could get this motor sold to a HARM J driver, that would be COOL as we really plan that Broc, 6'3", run 45...

Comment

Nbra Novice

There was a proposal on this years ballot to allow any APBA legal J to run in in the Novice class, with any prop. Pretty sure this is going to pass.
                      Art K

Comment

Back To The Original Question

Originally posted by brian View Post
                        Here it is... I am calling it out. What small gesture or task will you do to help the sport or your club that you do not already do? List them here and become a legend.
                        This thread seemed to get off track quickly. But this was the thread I went looking for because I remember I pondered the original question but didn't know how to respond then. Now I want to.

I will help the sport of boat racing this year by taking a few exciting photos and posting some for all to see, either here on www.hydroracer.net or our photography website at http://www.highpoint.photoreflect.com

Check out the photography forum here to see photos like this:
                        https://hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10538

Hopefully the photos will inspire some who have never raced by making them think, "That looks like fun. I could do that". Or they might invoke pleasant memories in those who have raced before and make them think, "You know, I >>could<< do this again".

And I won't be taking photos of broken boats and drivers in the water. I had too many opportunities at Millville, NJ last month to do this, including watching from a patrol boat while Hunt was being hoisted into the rescue boat. But my camera was tucked away in its bag. Because that's not what boat racing is about. And because I take my ride on a patrol boat or rescue boat seriously -- when there's work to be done, the camera goes down.

Have a safe racing season. May my camera catch you smiling...
                        @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                        72@E
                        Former Boat Racer
                        21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
                        20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

What we are doing in Region 11

Check this out,http://www.boatracingr11.areas/Nor%2...00%20Hydro.htm, the first race it this weekend at Lake Minden, Nicolaus, CA. Trophies, courtesy of the Christies for the 1st 3 each day

Comment

Let me try the link again, this should work

http://www.boatracingr11.com/areas/N...00%20Hydro.htm

Comment

Working...
                            X