No announcement yet.

GPS - Speed Checker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a radar gun and it is good. The problem is that you need a head on shot to get a good reading. Otherwise useless. My son used the Garmin wrist mounted and I used the radar gun at Salt Springs Calif which is a good head on shot and they were real close. Frankly, I still like the Keller for testing even though it is about 3 miles per hr fast. So what, It is a comparison any way and has very little needle bounce so I do not mess with it. However, i like the GPS during the race as you can get a read comming out of a turn and that is were races are won.
    bill b

Comment

Several years ago we had a old radar gun from the police department refrubished to check boat speeds. It was didn't work at all, the speeds were all over the place. I sold it to a friend to check the speed of softball pitchers and it worked great. It was something about the movement of the water. I know the model boat racers use them all the time with good results. I guess what I'm saying is that there are different types of guns some work good some don't. We have good luck with the GPS.
      Larry Mac

Comment

Thank You

All,

I am also in the market for a reasonable GPS unit, and y'all have given me a lot of options to think about. I saw a 350 pro hydro crash this year at Lake Lawrence doing around 100 mph+ and his Garmen Etrek (yellow model) was still working after the crash. I like the larger display of the blue model that Sean provided the picture of in his thread.

Thanks a Bunch,
        Al Peffley
        15-R/R-25

Comment

Working...
        X