Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing Plan( Scott, Bass, Sidewinder.ect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing Plan( Scott, Bass, Sidewinder.ect...

Might I ask, do any of you have any type of plan to get your products out in front of the general public? A sympathetic marine dealer, Moto cross shop ect? Catalog sales? Internet?( other than Hydroracer)? Maybe complete rigs built for display/sale on spec? I know race craft did this back in the 80's with I believe some success. If you can create awareness, you can then create demand. If we are real skilled we can hopefully have a horrible distribution problem.
    Last edited by Steve Johnson; 11-07-2006, 08:31 PM.

From Racing Outboards LLC

Hi, Steve – thanks for the question. What you’re asking about is exactly what we’ve planned all along. We’ve been holding off on the website until all of it was ready, but the ordering system and credit card processing have held it up (man, I can’t wait for that to be done). We’ll go ahead and activate what’s complete in the next couple of days so far so you can get an idea where we’re heading - www.racingoutboards.com. Such a great group of people, and so much family involvement – America needs more of this kind of thing. Anyway, the website will be a one-stop location for Hot Rod motors and parts, parts for other brands of motors, racing accessories, boats (through the various boat builders), hardware, even new carts and trailers, new and used gear, etc. In addition, the site will be a place where interested people can find information about the history of the sport, view pictures and streaming video of past and present racing, pit action, read interviews with racing families talking about what a great family sport it is, even special messages directed to moms and dads, and girls, that this is a sport for them.

We’ve also been giving a lot of thought to an ad campaign for placement in media representing other racing interests – like motocross (water’s softer than dirt). We’re all amazed as we travel the country to see so many people who have no idea the sport even exists – that’s our fault; we should all work together to fix it. Racingoutboards.com will be a place where we can accomplish a lot. We have ad layouts ready to go.

Lastly, Ed and I have been working diligently to create a motor for the sport that is bulletproof, race-ready out of the box, easy to maintain and inspect, and has as low as possible lifetime cost of ownership. We appreciate your patience and enthusiasm – new motors will be available in quantity for purchase in time for the spring racing season.

Shown below is a general layout of what the racingoutboards.com site will contain.

Website layout plan

Ron Selewach
    "Its never too late for a good childhood"

Comment

Thank you

Great to see some other with the same vision.
      Anyone else? I'm not busting basket balls. just trying to formulate a plan to take to L.A.
      A very serious Question Do any of us have a retail type of business we could sell rigs out of ? the reason I ask is up here the local Karting shop is also a True value hardware store. I almost think if we look for venues outside the boating industry we might be better off. I am also planning to start a Used race boat business offering turn key used and refurbished rigs from trailer to props and lifejackets.
      Steve Johnson 77-G
      "thinkin way outside the box"
      Last edited by Steve Johnson; 11-08-2006, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Johnson View Post
        Great to see some other with the same vision.
        Anyone else? I'm not busting basket balls. just trying to formulate a plan to take to L.A.
        A very serious Question Do any of us have a retail type of business we could sell rigs out of ? the reason I ask is up here the local Karting shop is also a True value hardware store. I almost think if we look for venues outside the boating industry we might be better off. I am also planning to start a Used race boat business offering turn key used and refurbished rigs from trailer to props and lifejackets.
        Steve Johnson 77-G
        "thinkin way outside the box"
        Steve - Next time you see Tony Lavelle ask him about when he had "Lavelle Racing Marine" on Excelsior Blvd. in Hopkins, MN. He sold Swift Hydros, DeSilva runabouts and Spiko Ski Boats plus accessories. It's been a long time but he may be able to give you some insight; demographics and such.

Comment

Will Do

Shall I get his phone # for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Johnson View Post
            Shall I get his phone # for you?
            Yeah, and e-mail too. I haven't forgotten about the Midwest memrobillia for you, just have not found where I put it. However, I have located a couple of things, I'll mail the up to you in a day or two (Don't sit by the mailbox, sometimes my days turn into weeks).

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Selewach View Post
              Hi, Steve – thanks for the question. What you’re asking about is exactly what we’ve planned all along. We’ve been holding off on the website until all of it was ready, but the ordering system and credit card processing have held it up (man, I can’t wait for that to be done). We’ll go ahead and activate what’s complete in the next couple of days so far so you can get an idea where we’re heading - www.racingoutboards.com. Such a great group of people, and so much family involvement – America needs more of this kind of thing. Anyway, the website will be a one-stop location for Hot Rod motors and parts, parts for other brands of motors, racing accessories, boats (through the various boat builders), hardware, even new carts and trailers, new and used gear, etc. In addition, the site will be a place where interested people can find information about the history of the sport, view pictures and streaming video of past and present racing, pit action, read interviews with racing families talking about what a great family sport it is, even special messages directed to moms and dads, and girls, that this is a sport for them.

We’ve also been giving a lot of thought to an ad campaign for placement in media representing other racing interests – like motocross (water’s softer than dirt). We’re all amazed as we travel the country to see so many people who have no idea the sport even exists – that’s our fault; we should all work together to fix it. Racingoutboards.com will be a place where we can accomplish a lot. We have ad layouts ready to go.

Lastly, Ed and I have been working diligently to create a motor for the sport that is bulletproof, race-ready out of the box, easy to maintain and inspect, and has as low as possible lifetime cost of ownership. We appreciate your patience and enthusiasm – new motors will be available in quantity for purchase in time for the spring racing season.

Shown below is a general layout of what the racingoutboards.com site will contain.

Website layout plan

Ron Selewach
              Website layout link just added to Ron's post.
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

It looks like the website is well thought out and well planned. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by T Chance View Post
                  It looks like the website is well thought out and well planned. Congratulations.

I agree looks like this might take the place of HydroRacer
                  HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                    I agree looks like this might take the place of HydroRacer
                    Well maybe he won't put a red mark in my permanant record.

Comment

Originally posted by DougMc View Post
                      Well maybe he won't put a red mark in my permanant record.
                      I have no idea how that got there
                      HTML Code:

Comment

Bass Machines

We began this venture in 2003 and presented it to the APBA SORC at the national meeting in February 2004. We build a prototype, collected data and raced it as a probationary D-stock in the 2004 season. An engine was provided for dyno testing in the 2005 season. Several engines were sold and raced this last 2006 season. AOF and NBRA have accepted this engine with open arms and have not imposed any parity restrictions. These engines are competitive in the AOF D-stock class and have not "blown away" the old 44xs.

We have sold or have on firm order ten Tohatsu D-stock engines. There are other racers interested in purchasing a Tohatsu D-stock with the intent of racing D-stock APBA, but the current APBA SORC parity rules are limiting enthusiasm to purchase.

Based on the proceeding lack of APBA racer support further investment in marketing would be foolish. This project has cost money and that investment is not being re-cooped at the present rate of sales. If the Bass Tohatsu is allowed to compete on an equal basis with the 44xs we will take steps to advertise and promote the Tohatsu and D-stock racing.

Respectfully,
                        Neil Bass

Comment

Yeah

I am sure you will

CSH12M

Comment

No Comment

NO COMMENT!!!

Regards,
                            Dave Scott
                            Aim Marine Inc.
                            613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                            Ottawa, Canada
                            http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
                            DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

To CS12M

Not sure what your comment means, but I might add that some of our ideas for promoting D-stock is a web site with all the Bass Machines products, other racing products, and maybe a package deal for a complete stock racing package. Boat, motor, propeller, safety gear, boat dolly, and even toolbox if necessary could be an option for a new racer.

If this is what the racing public wants, then let's see some support for the new products.

Comment

Working...
                              X