Hobby Shows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby Shows...

Just want to throw out here that our club had a display in the Toronto Hobby Show this past weekend... booth space was free for hobby clubs. We went in as the Toronto Outboard Racing Club and had a 10x40 booth. We regularily go to boat shows and sportsmen shows but I think this was one of our best events yet. Instead of being another boat and motor in a sea of items we caught most people off guard as an unexpected booth. Many of the attendees were fathers and sons looking for things to do together. We handed out loads of flyers. Being unexpected we didn't get any club members to sign up on the spot, but I think over the next little while we will see some come in.

Anyway... if you have a hobby show near you, I'd say it is worth while trying to get in it.

Maybe one of the guys can post a pic of the booth??? I didn't take any pics.

Andrew
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

This is ther show we were in... http://www.thehobbyshow.com/
    Fralick Racing

Comment

Promo shows

We have used a Hot rod custom show called world of wheels.
      Might I suggest that the display boats be for sale cash and carry, and that clubs have membership forms and take checks. Sign them up on the spot. Offer a free something. Maybe a sexy bumper sticker, hat. pens. Matche-books with Hydro racer .net all over them fridge magnets get the Idea? Gotta make it easy to find a rig. Sell them sell us. A raffel for a rig. Raffel off test rides. More to come.

Comment

Steve,
        I totally agree with your ideas. I think we missed the "boat" by not joining in with the OPC guys in the twin cities at the boat show last winter to display the kneeldown rigs. Let's see if we can get in touch with these guys to join in on their display. Give me a call.
        Jerry

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures from the Hobby Show Andrew.
          Dan Orchard 97
          Attached Files

Comment

Great Dan! Thanks!
            Fralick Racing

Comment

Display looks great!
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by jneises View Post
                Steve,
                I totally agree with your ideas. I think we missed the "boat" by not joining in with the OPC guys in the twin cities at the boat show last winter to display the kneeldown rigs. Let's see if we can get in touch with these guys to join in on their display. Give me a call.
                Jerry
                Jerry and Steve, I will have a fresh paint job on the Capise CSH by Tuesday. It will be rigged by Thanksgiving and I could put a complete package together. This could be a display rig looking for a buyer at the shows this winter.

We should have had something in this weekends power sports show.

Mark
                Last edited by Lights; 11-10-2006, 01:18 PM.
                Mark
                G-11
                125H
                When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
                Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Working...
                X