Bud Parker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud Parker

With a saden hart I regret to inform you all that one of the legends of outboard racing, Bud Parker has passed away early Saturday morning at St Joes Hospital in Pontiac MI. I have no furter details at this time but as soon as I receive them I will pass them on to you all. Please keep the Parker family in you thoughts and prayers

Jim Robb
    7-M

I always enjoyed talking to Bud at the races when he came. He was very knowlegable about motors and machining them. I will keep him and the Parker family in my thoughts and wish them my condolences.
    David Everhart S52
    David Everhart S52
    Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Bud Parker

Here are the details on Bud Parkers funeral:
      There will be a viewing Monday November 6th from 5:00pm – 9:00pm. The funeral will be held on Tuesday November 7th at 2:00pm

Jim
      7-M

Lynch & Sons Funeral Directors
      39 W Burdick St
      Oxford, MI 48371

(248) 628-3100
      www.lynchfuneraldirectors.com

Comment

Bud Parker

Hi Jim- As mentioned on another site, I was also saddened to hear of Bud's passing. It was great to see him at the AOMC meet at Constantine meet in July and talk with him. Since his wife's passing last year, I do not think he really had much will to carry on even though Tim and you Mod guys tried to keep him going, I really believe he missed his wife. This was from several phone conversationes I had with him. He was a great guy. I really enjoyed talking with him at the AOMCI meets.
        Our thoughts and prayers are with him and family.

Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al Lang

Get in touch with me at : culater30_n1@juno.com

Comment

Jim,
          I remember you introducing me to Bud and his wife at the last Cold Water race.

Couldn't help feel'n then as I do now that you were introducing me to a Father-figure. I think you told me about spending time growing up in his shop?
          You seemed very proud of them that day...........

Mensioned to Bud that I was running his pipe set-up on my 25MOD Merc25SS.........he nodded and smiled.

Sorry for your loss.....Brother.................

I understand with the passing of Fred Beiger this year...

19P
          Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 11-06-2006, 03:33 AM.
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Condolences.........................

Bud was a friend for 25 years and was one of the most reliable and affordable machinists helping all outboarders. Bud did most of Harold Barnes machine work back in the day and was always there for all of us.

He was a true boat-racer.

Matt D'Agostino

Comment

Condolences

Sorry to hear that. Bud was a great guy, with great abilities. Most of the true mod guys really miss his pipe tower housings, and all the time and efforts he spent to advance Mod. One thing Bud never did was make a ton of money off racers, I think he had the best prices on Towers that I had ever seen. And the job he could do.... a true engineer.

God Speed to you Mr. Parker, may you reunite with your wife up there, and attend the boat races in the sky. Your legacy will never be forgotten.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
              X