2007 Summer Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Summer Nationals

Would anybody on the East Coast be interested in shipping thier equipment in a tractor trailer to the summer Nat's. I have access to a brand new Peterbilt and new 53' trailer. Just thinking if we could get enough guys and money together and ship the boats, we'd save a boat load of money on gas driving our own rigs. The owner of the company would be the driver and has many years experience. Any one that knows me would know that I wouldn't send my stuff with just anybody. Flying out would also save on the amount of time we'd have to take off for the race. I figured three days out and three back, thats six days we could be making money instead of sitting in the drivers seat eatting rest stop food! The price would depend on the number of people involved, but I'm thinkin we could get 25 or more boats and plenty of motors and gear. 53 feet long and 12 feet high, thats alot of room. Maybe just meet the weekend before in a central location and build one heck of a rack setup, load our stuff and shut the door, then get on a plane and your equipment is waiting for you in the pits. I know it's a ways off, but just throwing it out there. Any ideas?
    Future J dad!

Greg, Count me in, that would be a whole lot easier than building my 12 boat trailer. See what can be done with a cost estimate. You can stuff a lot of boats in one of those cans.
    John 2-Z
    John Runne
    2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Me Too!

I am in as well!
      Sounds like a great idea.
      Dennis 21Z

Comment

Keep the race committee up to date on the progress of this great idea so that they can help figure out helping on the receiving end of things.

Hey Dan - how about that 2007 Summer Nationals Forum?
        Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
        sigpic
        Portland, Oregon
        Johnson Racing

Comment

Nydahl Wisco Semi

FYI, Pete Nydahl is also planning his semi heading to the Summer Nats also.

Warbs
          64*W

Comment

Greg, this is a great idea. You can count me in for one or two boats. Like John says, It might be a good idea to find out what the cost of the Rig is so we can 'reverse engineer' the per person cost or per boat cost. By the way, can Heather sit next to me on the plane? Just wondering. Congrats on a great season.

Jerry

Comment

I'm in buddy...let me know the deal
              Shawn Breisacher

Comment

Truckin' to the Left Coast...

Just talked to the owner of the rig, he figures around ten thousand for two weeks - the truck, trailer, driver, fuel, and accomodations. He's contacting his insurance company for details, but the outfit he owns hauls heavy equipment, so the insurance is set up for multi million dollar machines in some one elses name, much like our situation. The driver of the truck was the best man at my wedding, if that clears any trust problems up. I've heard people tried to do this in the past but fell through because it was John Doe from Trucks-r-us in Podunk, Nebraska. I wouldn't trust John Doe either!!! But again, this is a driver with 12 years of heavy hauling experience and I trust him enough to be my best man, I trust him with my life, and my new Bennett Boat! Does this sound like too much money? I figured I'd spend approx. $900 in fuel alone, not counting hotels on the way out. Just say for example we come up with 12 guys on a 2 boat average ( I'm sure that number is approx. because the 2-Z has 10 boats and 311-J has one, but just to get an idea), it comes to $833 a head, big number but small compared to your own fuel tab alone, minus the hotels, miles on your truck, and time off from work. Anyone serious about heading out there shouldn't cringe at that number. Let's talk about it, give me a shout anytime 267.716.6901. And hey Mr. Davids, I'm riding out in the truck so I'm gonna need someone to keep Heather company on the plane, but your buying her ticket and she only flys 1st class!! Good luck buddy...
                Future J dad!

Comment

Greg-

I've priced out a similiar scenario with one of my shipping vendors and your friends estimate is fair. Most 53' trailers will bill out a round trip fom New Jersey to WA for around 8k. Throw in a daily rate and layover costs and you're right at the 10k+ mark.

The important part of your proposal is that you know the guy. That alone is worth something. Some drivers are hacks!

Anyway I'd be interested. Don't forget to factor in the trailer set-up costs when calculating the per head charge.

Take Care

Troy Gladkowski
                  Last edited by 14J; 11-02-2006, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Count me in with two boats

Thanks, Dylan
                    "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

nationals

This is very cool stuff to hear. There is tons of room to park semis...don't worry bout that. Glad you guys are thinkning ahead!

Comment

Out Topic, Some

Racerdave...

US SoCAL guys have the Long Beach Sprint Nationals the same weekend as your race....If you are expecting any 45's from our way, we'd like to see them run on WEDNESDAY....AS WE WANT TO MOVE IN AT LONG BEACH ON FRIDAY.

Long Beach is HUGE for SoCal racing, we won't miss it....I know the kneeldowners in Region 12 would rather go to the Nationals somewhere and race, rather than race in front of 10-12,000 paying spectators....

Just a request from an owner of FOUR 45 SS's......and one 302....

Comment

Nationals

No problem Ron. I will put 45ss first up on Wed. Dave

Comment

You Won't Forget, Will You????

We'll try to get there with something...Hit me up for a set of trophies....or something...

Comment

45ss

What are you thinking for a boat count Ron?

Comment

Working...
                              X