Jesup Race An Outstanding Sucess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesup Race An Outstanding Sucess

A great time was had by all at Jesup last weekend, weather was windy on Sat (blow out) but beautiful on Sun. We got all racing done on Sun by 5:30 pm. We did 2 day of racing in 1 day and only had 1 scratch. We ran one heat for Saturdays race, and 2 heats for Sundays race. I think it was about 45 heats . We had almost 100 boats and we really appreciated the people who came long distances. Some people didn't come who said they were but some who didn't pre register showed up. A lot of good racing in all classes, we had 6 DMR and 6 DMH. A big thanks to all who helped with the hard task of putting this race on and everyone who traveled to come to this race. Bill Mackrell will have good pictures of the races posted soon.
    Last edited by Bob Dunlap; 10-30-2006, 04:49 PM.

I had a great time guys, nice race site and very friendly people. Once again I made some new friends and saw long time friends again! Special thanks to Howie,RC, and David Bennett for putting together an excellent Sunday getting things done!
    Last edited by Hydroglobe17J; 11-03-2006, 07:32 AM.
    Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Thanks Earl. It was great to end 2006 on such a positive note. Thanks also to the entire race committee for pulling it off. Hope everyone made it home safely and back to school on time!

Howie
      444-B now 4-F
      Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

i had alot of fun at jesup. although saturday was a blowout sunday was great. im am very happy wegot the runabout running. all in all it was a great race.

buga

Comment

Bob,

I had a great time in Jesup. It was good to out in the boat again. The race site was great, and it was good to see some old faces and meet some new ones. I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Dave Riser

Comment

Great Job Bob and Howie.

Thanks to Bob Dunlap and Howie Nicholes for coordinating a great weekend. The tunnel boats were a great add to the schedule and provided a change of pace. Hopefully you will schedule them again and leave the alky's at home!!

It was nice to see ole RC Hawie again. However seeing him blow over his 'redone' 1965 CSR (or is it a 1975??) was a little spooky!! Also in attendence was Lon Stevens, George Kohler, Mark Johnson driving a tunnel and our favorite FBI Agent Dave "Dunkin Donut" Riser. How about the Luce crew, the Lyons, the Langlois the Jenning's and several others who drove 13 hours plus to attend!! What a shame many of the locals couldn't make it to support such a great site. Where else can you race in late October in the east and see 75 degree temps!!

See you next year!!!!!!!!

Matt & Val

Oh.............Linda and the girls (especially you Ms Billiter) really ran the judges stand the way it should be done!!
            Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 10-31-2006, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I Have Never Seen A Race Click Off So Smoothly. It Was Really Nice To Have A Region 5 Race Like This. I Am Looking Foward To Working With A Top Notch Peace River Club Next Year So That We Can Have Even More Region 5 Races. Once Again Thanks A Million. Ss

Comment

Jesup

Bob and Howie, now that is how you run a race. That place was great! I would go back there anytime.

Thanks to Brian Burkhardt from letting me drive his SST45 tunnel boat, it was awesome.
                Last edited by Composite Specialties; 10-31-2006, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Howie

I THOUGHT I WAS GOOD LITTLE BOY. and thanks to that booga pulled off three 1st places.it was an amazing weekend.and then when wally drove my boat he was cookin.thanks for everything MANY THANKS TO ALL THEM GUYS THAT CAME SUCH A LONG DISTANCE CAN,T WAIT TO DO THAT AGAIN

Comment

Long drive, but...

We'll definitly be back next year. When the wind cooperated the officials really clicked off some heats. Thanks for a nice wrapup to a great year. The 15 hours was worth it.
                    Greg
                    Future J dad!

Comment

We'll be back too....

Count us in again for next year. What a great race site. The BBQ dinner in the pits Sat. night was great. Thank you everyone who worked so hard to pull this off. Even with getting blown out Saturday they got everything done at a decent time on Sunday. We made it home at 7:10 am Monday morning, just in time for Ashlei and AJ to go to school...
                      Lisa J Jennings
                      Team J Racing

Comment

Greg

Next Year It Wi;ll Be Booga Out There With You. Go Easy On Him Pleasure To Meet You Lets Do It

Comment

Thanks everyone who made this race a success. We had a great time.

I saw the pix Don took yesterday and they are "awesome", and on their way up to Dan for posting.

Comment

come on dan where are the pics from jesup???

were dying to see them
                            we know mackrell did a great job as usual.

walter

Comment

I want to congratulate too on the organization, racing on Sunday was smooth and there was no delays even when there was accidents they would pull crashed boats to the pits and race was on again.
                              Now, on some not so nice issues, weather was bad on Saturday for small boats and I understand that, but at 3 PM when race was called off there was no reason why OPC’s could not run, yes it was still a little windy but all of those boats are equipped with gas pedal that works both ways, trim that has up and “down” buttons and lift button in both directions as well,,,,use them. I’m NOT blaming organization for that, I’m blaming one or two OPC “drivers” that started talking about canceling the race from hotel lobby in the morning, I don’t know why they own race boat when they should buy fishing boat instead. Believe me it’s not only me that thinks that way, I’m just the only fool to speak my mind, over 90% of the drivers wanted to run on Saturday and the REAL problem is that we lost a lot of boats for the future races, some will not come back and a lot drivers from all over the country know what happened, I received at least 5 calls from drivers asking why race was canceled, and that is going to put big dent in the local racing, we need boats right?
                              The other problem, who was the smart a$$ to call Mod-U’s to the water when there was 8-10 classes to run before Mod-U?
                              I was in my boat for over the hour and that’s not the problem, the real problem is that my batteries are on and draining power for over the hour, I had to start my engine at least 6-8 times just so I can move from the shore, draining the batteries in the process, my air system is on for over the hour, (every system has a slow leak) my radio’s are on for over the hour and so on…
                              The third problem is schedule; who ever put fastest class on the end of the day (again) when visibility is not at the best is not really caring for safety too much.
                              We are losing drivers, wake up people!
                              Again organization was good, lake was awesome, pits beautiful, but some OPC “drivers” should buy fishing boats.

Sincerely
                              Predrag Mihajlovic
                              SPN Motorsports
                              http://www.spnmotorsports.com

Go Fast - Turn Left!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X