Where can I find the mission statement of the SORC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find the mission statement of the SORC

The information below is taken directly from the Snap on Stars of Karting series:

Snap-on stars of karting web site

Mission Statement:

Every organization needs a reference point, a marker, by which to navigate. In a sport with so much potential yet so little realized, the Snap-on Stars of Karting Presented by the IRL establishes the following statements to its constituents and to its principals in order to make the potential a reality.

Snap-On Stars of Karting Presented by the IRL Vision Statement

To provide our teams and competitors with the best organized and administered karting programs in America and to employ internationally recognized categories, working with other karting bodies, known for the discipline and education needed by those participants committed to succeeding at all levels of international motorsports.

The Snap-on Stars of Karting Presented by the IRL Mission

* To provide our teams and competitors with the highest levels of organization and administration possible

* Focus the national program on categories recognized internationally as providing the education and disciplines necessary for American drivers to succeed at the highest levels of international motorsport

* Provide our teams and competitors with world-class, CIK specification circuits embracing the most recent safety measures and challenging designs

* Provide our teams and competitors with marketing and promotional opportunities thereby ensuring their long-term economic viability

* Work in conjunction with all partners within the Snap-on Stars of Karting Presented by the IRL environment to further the reputation and awareness of karting as a legitimate motorsport and the first rung on the driver development system

* Coordinate and seek the opinions of the participants at all levels to ensure rules reflect the best interests of the majority

* Provide economic opportunity to all stars teams to ensure their participation and economic viability
    Attached Files
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Unfortunatly until boats become as mainstream as automobiles, we'll always be second fiddle to our four wheel friends.

Does anyone else want to stangle JJ Yaley?!?!?!?!?!

How about about Roush Racing loosing thier most experienced driver to a Chevy team next year, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mission Statement

NBRA has one that sits right at the front of the Tech Manual, and rules. It says something about putting the Fun back into boat racing........ So at least there is one.

I truly think that they are doing things right, and their approach could lead to big things, such as the same exposure as Karting. Lets face it, Karting is not a real big time thing, it is popular. They have promoters, or at least people doing a lot of leg work. It is what boat racing needs.

If the trends continue I think NBRA will be a mainstream event in any town. TV coverage, who knows, not how I measure gains. But in their mission statment it is all about having fun. So with that attitude, how can you not succeed. As long as the politics stay to the wayside, and the bickering about rules and what not keep to a minimum, there is no way it can fail.

Just my opinion, and it is an experienced opinion.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

SO Mission Statement

Below was a reply a year or so ago about this subject.

Stock Outboard Mission Statement

Stock Outboard is a form of affordable, amateur, outboard powered boat racing, achieving maximum recognition and reasonable rewards for successful competitors. Our object is to have competitive equipment, commercially available to all competitors on an equal basis. We wish to promote this sport on a national level and support it on a local level, giving safety a foremost consideration.
        We will achieve this mission by:
        · Having a clearly defined set of rules. However, the General Racing Rules shall prevail in all situations not specifically covered in the Stock Outboard Rules.
        · Legislating up-to-date safety equipment, requirements, rules, and standardized interpretation.
        · Having fair, impartial, and trained judges and officials.
        · Cooperating with the engine manufactures to meet our mutual goals and needs.
        · Affecting a competent inspection procedure to avoid any unfair advantages.
        · Promoting the sport to encourage new competitors to join.
        · Promoting responsibility and participation of all members.

This mission statement was created in 1988 for the then VP Racer Allen at the Seattle meeting and has been in the stock rule book up until 2003 where the rules where combined for SO/MO/Pro/J and was deleted.

As a VP shortly after this was generated, this was the guideline that was used to attempt/template to legislate the SO Category for the 4 year as its leader/facilitator.

I personally think this still applies today.

This is the total package!
        If we lose at any one of these goals or objectives, then we stand to lose members whether they are new members vs. lifers or young vs. old.
        To gain and retain members we have to complete this package annually to sustain growth.

Warbs
        64*W

Comment

Mission Statements

I think you are confusing a "Mission Statement" with the lead-in and listed set of general commitment statements in a "Statement of Objectives" for an organization. A mission statement is usually a fairly concise summary statement of the PURPOSE of the organization's existance (like ...to promote stock outboard motorboat racing with a spirit of good sportmanship and safety...) It's not normally a detailed list of references to rules, requirements, and/or statements on inter- and intra-organizational relationships or regulations that the group will abide by -- I think that type of information belongs in the intro to the Rules Book or an organizational objectives handout brochure. Just some different thoughts on your responses so far...

Al Peffley
          15-R/R-25

Comment

Working...
          X