Doe's anyone remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doe's anyone remember?

Years ago when I was getting interested in raceing I was looking at a used boat called a Rockholt Rocket. I fell in love with that boat just looking at it. Before I could gather up the money, a tough job for me at that time, the early 50's, it was gone. As I remember, it was a C raceing runabout. Can anyone remember anyting about those boats? I sure would love to see one again.
    Art Crawford 30F
    Panama City Fl.

There are 7 posts on www.boatracingfacts.com mentioning Rockholt. There may be some pictures as well.
    Last edited by sam; 09-11-2006, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Sam

Hey Sam. I went there but couldn't get anything to come up. I must be doing something wrong. Thanks anyway.
      Art Crawford 30F
      Panama City Fl.

Comment

Thanks Sam

I got the links you sent to open up. I sure wish that there had been a picture of a Rocket in them. I never saw one run, but at that time that boat looked like it would fly with me kneeling down in that cockpit. Ah, youth and exuberance.
        Art Crawford 30F
        Panama City Fl.

Comment

Try Hill Family

On www.boatracingfacts.com under the forum Encyclopedia...go to the Hill Family. C-147 (SKIPPY) is a Rocholt that my dad owned...My dad and rich Hallett too the plank bottom off and used the unheard of wood, plywood on the bottom...Before the bottom work, it had an amazing rocker, and that is wy, the boat's name was Skippy...

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=1463 Here is the link, actually, that is the first picture of my Family's Race Boats I posted...

Comment

Working...
          X