• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for a one day race.

How much would insurance cost for a one day marathon?Thanks
    Bob

Bob,

Get a hold of Connie Payn. She's on here all the time. AOF insurance would be much cheaper than APBA for a one day event.

Dan

Comment

Bob,
      AOF insurance costs $200 for the "event". Doesn't matter how many days.
      Of course, if you are sanctioning the race APBA you will have to pay their costs, even though AOF is also an APBA club.
      If you don't care if it is sanctioned through APBA, then you could sanction it through AOF.
      ....keep racing.
      Connie

Comment

Thanks Connie.
        Bob

Comment

Connie,Could i get the insurance through the AOF and sanction it through the APBA?Or would i have to get insurance from the APBA?Thanks for your help Connie.
          Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,
            I cannot speak for APBA, but I am pretty sure (99.9%) that if you sanction a race through APBA then you must use their insurance.
            On the other hand, you can sanction a race with AOF and use APBA's insurance. (AOF is also an APBA club).
            The only reason you would do that, of course, is if a club wanted both AOF and APBA points awarded.
            Are you confused yet?
            AOF's insurance is much cheaper, however, you get what you pay for and one of the concessions is way less medical insurance if you would be hurt during the race. (If you have your own insurance, then you would probably not care).
            AOF insurance has been accepted anywhere APBA insurance is accepted. Note: AOF nationals in Moses Lake WA next week end. AOF insurance has been used at this site for years. Next year SOA will be hosting the APBA nationals on the same site paying for the APBA insurance. The city accepts both. Also, winter nationals in Pineville. AOF insurance has been good enough for them for 35 years. APBA paid the higher rates last winter so that it could be sanctioned through APBA.
            I would say that your biggest problem, if you would choose to use AOF insurance is that Tony Staron might show up!!! lol. I remember last year he came up to Top O and had such a good time he wants to come back. Being an AOF officer, he may insist on it.
            Connie

Comment

Working...
            X