X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson, NC feedback Request

We are already working on the 2007 Wilson event, and I had an idea I hope
    everyone will help me with....
    I need anyone who was at the Wilson Divisionals this year and anyone who heard good things about the race to email me thier comments (I will only use the positive ones) to be used to encourage the Commisioners to act on thier suggestions of enlarging the facility to accomodate more spectators, and to encourage sponsors to join the event.
    I believe that the show of support from racers will help make this event grow even larger for 2007.
    Please email me at dcat@starfishnet.com and I will print off your comments.
    Thanks in advance,

Dennis 21Z

Dennis,
    Thanks for all your hard work on this event. I suggest a beer sponsor would be appropriate, and I will stop at nothing to help make that happen! John 2-Z
    John Runne
    2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Keeping up the thread

Want to make sure everyone reads this so.....

bump to the top

Thanks,
      Dennis 21Z

Comment

return to wilson

We at Sunrise/rat racing had a great time last spring at wilson. Except for the wind and a little rain the race site was very nice. We plan to attend any races that you can put on there. Merissa got her first ride in a runabout there and now is running both jr/axsr. Merissa is doing very well as she learns the difference between hydro ,and runabout. We were most impressed with the people at wilson. We had a mechaical issue on our way down and the woman that had the concession stand at the pits called a friend at a local parts store and had the parts we needed delivered to the pits on her account. Just need the date to plan our return to buckhorn reservoir.

Comment

on parts . . .

An oil sensor on my Yamahonker died - problem diagnosed two days before I was supposed to have the boat in Wilson for a tow/turn boat. Went on the net, found a dealer in Wilson, ordered the part, picked it up on the way to the lake. Nice folks.
          carpetbagger

Comment

Beautiful Race Site

Dennis,

This is a great site for "big races". With a little sponsorship and a lillte more soectator space, you could hold championship events here.

DW
            David Weaver

Comment

wilson

dennis you know i'll be back next year. and i'mm with johnny on the beer sponsor.

Comment

Wilson

I would imagine that we will probably put together another region 7 crew to make the trip next year. it was totally awesome this past april, and we didn't even get to race!!

5-H
                Team Red

Comment

Looking for more racers comments please!

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far, but I know there were more folks there than have responded. Please take a moment to email me with some small comments that I may use in my presentation.
                  For those who posted here please email me your posts, I cannot figure out how to print them correctly, I keep cutting off half the post.
                  My email is dcat@starfishnet.com. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Dennis 21Z

Comment

Dennis,
                    With my schedule and short time-offs I can't get out of region 5, but this one in Wilson is within reach. Keep us posted on 2007 date.

Comment

Bumping up

Just want to try to get all the responses I can.

Thanks,
                      Dennis 21Z

Comment

Once again to the top

C'mon everybody, there were alot more of us at Wilson, and your help would go along way twards getting this site permanent, and highly sponsored.

I could name a few that were there, .....would that encourage more of you to email me with a few comments?
                        I know of alot of Hydroracer members who were there, so please take a moment to shoot me an email.
                        This site is a great place, and I will be working hard along with help from a few good friends to make this a race that draws the "big crowds."

Thanks again,
                        Dennis 21Z

Comment

I agree with Dave.....it is a nice spot but there will not be much room for big crowds without some changes or creative thinking for crowd parking.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                          Tomtall 06

Comment

I agree

Dave, and Kristi,
                            One of the things the city commissioners mentioned to me at the race was the need to clear the tree line by the food pavillion, to make room for more spectator area. They volunteered that idea. One other possibility is the land to the right of the entrance being used for more parking.
                            The city is very interested in our racing and has asked what could be done to improve the faciliy.
                            I want the letters from the racers to show the city officials how much interest there is in growing the site and in turn that will give them motivation to work with us in making the site a perfect racing facility.
                            As I am sure everyone knows good racing sites, and interested city officials are very hard to come by..... we made a great first impression, and they are asking the right questions of me regarding future races. I believe that the City of Wilson is ready for Outboard Racing, and I want to cultivate thier excitement while it is fresh. I already have sponsors lined up for next year, and more calls to make.
                            I need everyone that will, to email me something so I have more resources to use when I make another official visit and can "WoW" the city officials.
                            Thanks,
                            Dennis

Comment

I think that making the area bigger is a start. You also need to be able to advertise and the city can help with that. Be careful not to over sell your self......don't promise crowds and money just be consistent and build slow.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                              Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                              X