Top O and the guy's from Ecuador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top O and the guy's from Ecuador

Darrell, Could you fill us in on. what the guy's from Ecuador raced/road in and how they did at Top O? Do you have any pictures of them to share with use?

Lights
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

i have a few pics i can load up, i know they all finished on sunday, im pretty sure they all ran c class, Felipe Adell got 7th out of 26 boats, if i am correct...

Comment

Pictures

Cool post them.
      Mark
      G-11
      125H
      When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
      Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

There are a few pics of them on an Equadorian fan site at the link below. The attachments are the original pics.

http://www.vincesnautico.freeservers...6michigan.html

I don't read spanish but I think it says they finished 7th, 10th and 13th (all CSR).

Kevin
        Attached Files

Comment

CSR
          Place - Boat # Name

1 st - 75M Tim Ross
          2 nd - 4J Richard Runne
          3 rd - 23CE Kim Park
          4 th - 12M Kurt Kovtun
          5 th - 37M Steve Bulhuis
          6 th - 44 Paul Fairbairn
          7 th - 5M Fellippe Adell - Ecuador
          --- -
          10th - 72E Rogger Moscoso - Ecuador
          --- -
          13th - C14C César Cevallos - Ecuador

Comment

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y53...n%20Nationals/

there is 1 picture that i could find, its the one of the red boat, and you can see 2 of them before the start of their c class.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemetro
              CSR
              Place - Boat # Name

1 st - 75M Tim Ross
              2 nd - 4J Richard Runne
              3 rd - 23CE Kim Park
              4 th - 12M Kurt Kovtun
              5 th - 37M Steve Bulhuis
              6 th - 44 Paul Fairbairn
              7 th - 5M Fellippe Adell - Ecuador
              --- -
              10th - 72E Rogger Moscoso - Ecuador
              --- -
              13th - C14C César Cevallos - Ecuador

As you can see the Ecuadorians did quite will for their 1st time at Top 'O. All 3 finished both days. 7th, 10th & 13th out of 26 boats isn't bad.
              Felipe drove an outfit provided by the Ross's (Tim's old boat) Rogers was in Dave Umbarger's old boat. Cesar drove a boat of mine.
              One driver from California had to cancel a couple days before the race, so we had one extra outfit. Pat Whitman from Indian River drove the boat. Pat last raced Top 'O in 1972 in ASR. Pat had some problems on Saturday, but finished a respectful 7th place on Sunday.
              Here is a partial list of some of thoses that helped with equipment and other services for the 5 (Rogers's wife Monica, and Cesar's wife Amira) from Ecduador:
              Ric Montoya, Mike and Tim Ross, Dave Umbarger, Mark Kurz, Jack Stotts, Dave Augustine,Vicky Smith & her dad, Mark Tingley, Bob Williams, Rick Bird, Charley Fry, Curt Schlosser, Delbert Phipps, Michael Lopez, and of course my wife Linda. I't am sure there are others that I can't remember right now. Thanks for your help.
              The Ecuadorians got to experence some firsts for them: Rough water, camping & being cold! All in all, they had a great time.

Guayaquil - Vinces 2007. There will be a group from here heading to Ecuador for the race the last Sunday in March. The plan is to stay at the Away-Hotel in Vinces. Rooms are $8 with one bed, $15 with two beds. No hot water, but clean enough for boat racers. Reserverations will need to be made well in advance as Vinces is packed the weekend of the race. There should be a couple of boats/motors from Ecuador that can be used in the race. If you are interested in this adventure, send me your email address & I will put you on my email list for this trip. Already have 8 interested, including one Unlimited driver.

Darrell Sorensen
              csr4c@jps.net

Comment

Working...
              X