The old 25ss merc engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The old 25ss merc engine

I have a complete power head but the crank is broke.Is there parts available for this engine and is it worth fixing.I think its a 77 or 78 model.Thanks
    Bob

I built a 25ss about 2 years ago from parts. I believe that most if not all of the powerhead parts are identical to merc 200's. I think there are at least 3 different type of ignitions for merc 200's, so the cranks (cam and flywheel taper) could be a little different between the types of ignitions, but I am not quite sure on that. Should be able to find Merc 200 parts on eBay pretty easily.

Jake
    Jake

Comment

Bob,
      If you could post pics of the ignition/flywheel, I may be able to help. I have several of the 200 series motors that I've collected for parts for my 25ss/25MOD. Should have a crank or powerhead for you. I have one powerhead that was from Beth's dad's fishing motor that I replaced the salt water powerhead a couple years ago-crank should be ok-Free if right year....you cover shipping.

19P
      Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 08-18-2006, 02:08 PM.
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

There were 3 different ignitions,

the first with point and a cam on the crank.
        The second, was electronic and had a long taper and was if I recall corretcly.025 longer than the last one. This one had different stater and coils than the final one that used a different stater, coil and trigger and a rounded flywheel with a flex-plate.

The final one had a short crank, square aluminum flywheel for the racing motor with a flex-plate. The fishing motor had a steel flywheel. It used coils like the 25XS.

click here for our website

Comment

Working...
        X