Mark 30 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark 30 ?

I have a merc mark 30 turbo four.I have had this motor for a few years.My question is could the powerhead be made into a c mod engine?I would need a tower and foot but was just wondering if it would make a good mod motor.Thanks
    Bob

Yes, that is the C Mod Merc motor. You do not need a Merc tower; most racers use a "stick" (pipe) version that is shorter and improves boat handling.

You are correct, you also need a foot, but it does not have to be a Merc, the old pointy Yamato alky foot is also legal.

Only a few people are campaigning the Mercs, but some run well (John Mauck for one, there are others, too).

Comment

I still have the C Merc powerhead Sam used to run that my dad made. Hey Sam do you want this motor? I also have your gearcase that was on it.
      Engler Custom Paintball Guns

click here for our website

Comment

Here's another powerhead I'm watching. Would like it for a back-up for my Merc. but other stuff higher on list now....(like motorhome gas money for rest of season.... )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1

19P
        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

C Merc

Many years ago when my Alky C Merc was made obsolete by the Flathead. I took a stock fishing powerhead, put it on the racing lower unit, added the pipes from the alky motor and switched to 16:21 gears. I ran the same prop on it that I ran on my B Flathead. I won several mod races with it, then sold it to Lyle Mason and he set a record with it. Times change, but I bet itwould still be a mid-pack runner today.

Comment

Working...
          X