I'm Not Making This Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOMCI Wet Events

I never actually considered testing at an AOMCI wet event since I’ve only been to two of them in my life.

The first was somewhere in New Jersey 30+ years ago when I was a member. I thought the AOMCI would be a good source for parts for the antique I was racing at the time, also known as a Mercury KG-4.

Bob Thornton let me go for a ride in one of his rigs. When I couldn’t get on plane I finally remembered Bob’s instructions and I reached around and cranked the crank, rang the bell, woke up the squirrel, or whatever it was I did to increase the power (ok, ok, maybe it was to close the compression valve on the opposing cylinder which had to be open to facilitate a rope start) and the fun began. The sound of that engine was unlike anything I had experienced.

The second I attended was just last year in Edgewood, Maryland in Harford County, which I think was on the Bush River. The location was perfect for an AOMCI wet event but I wouldn’t call it perfect for testing a race boat. The body of water was just too big and had too many recreational boats although it looks ok in the picture below. Love those Feathercraft!

Note: This photo will eventually be removed to save server space.
    Last edited by Mark 72@E; 08-14-2006, 07:12 PM.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
    72@E
    Former Boat Racer
    21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
    20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Working...
    X