Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Proposals

Think about this for a second.

All fuel dumped in a "community" container then re-dispersed to the participants? All those different oils and oil mixtures...and I'm supposed to trust that in my engine? Anyone supporting this must be nuts.

And if the fuel is raw...and it's bought at the race site...you expect everyone to be at inspection with their oil to then mix it? The logistics of that are ridiculous. Plus, someone could still have some magic juice in their fuel tank...just waiting for this virgin gas to be added.

There's better answers out there. The engineers and tech guys in our sport should know what to do. There must be tests to detect performance enhancers. If SO needs to drop some money on it so at least the Nationals have the best tests...then we should do it.

And on an unrelated topic....never did get my door magnet back from Wakefield. To the gutless tick-turd who took it....real class move. Hope you can keep your secret forever.

Dana

Dana,

My point wasn't to make the rule in my post. My point was to get guys like yourself that have a head on there shoulders to work with the idea and brainstorm a method that is perfect and would eliminate any possibility of cheating or atleast move it to the lowest level of possiblility. There is obviously problems with the way it is now. Maybe the guy that wrote the articles I posted Copeland would help as a consultant. Obviously there is someone out there that could help. I knew as I said before that your post would be the argument and that is why it would be a problem. Work with it or work out a better way and I will support it and help pass it if voting is needed. It may be a SORC issue and never get to membership? I don't know the way it will work.
    Mike

Comment

in opc at champ and apr events we have fuel of the day delivered by truck by sunoco or vp. We are required to buy a minimum amount for the weekend (usually 10 gallons) If we don't we are fined. This way they can be quite close on the usage estimate and the race commitee is not stuck paying for fuel not used.

This does not however eliminate fuel tampering although we have not had any specific problems lately. We still have to meet the same tests as stock outboard and due to different oils etc. the meter can not be used to be sure that the gas of the day is really in the tank.

The other option is to have a fuel and oil of the day and set the meter tolerances tighter to meet this exact mixture.

No matter what the rule is there will always be people who want to push the rule whether it be engine work, boat dimensions, skeg dimensions, fuel etc etc etc. This is part of racing, to work harder than the other guy and be creative to win but to stay within the rules. It is up to the individuals concience and ethics to do what is right. There will always be people to push the rules and there will always be officials to try to take out the grey areas.

Jay Fox

Comment

I think the way karting "pump around" is done would be difficult to accomplish at a boat race for 2 reasons:

1. Karts enter the track from a "staging area" and all start from the same place.

2. The kart racing that I am familiar with (Dirt Oval) is primarily done with 4 cycle engines. You already have your own oil and just have to share the fuel. Also, the fuel is not pump gas. Never noticed what they did with the 2 stokes at big races.

Comment

Working...
        X