2006 Dayton Record Runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Dayton Record Runs

Here is the tentative circular for the 2006 Dayton Record Runs Regatta-Great American Outboard Race for August 26 and 27 (the weekend before Lockhaven and Oshkosh). Racing on Saturday is for 1 mile records. Surveyor Sutherland has redesigned the course by narrowing the turns and lengthening the straigh-a-ways by one hundred feet. The turns on the one mile course will still be larger than those on the 3/4 course. On Sunday we will run for 3/4 mile records. This is the same course that was run at the Winternationals in Louisiana where so many records were set there. Of course, we will have our famous awards ceremony and driver's party on Saturday evening with trophies for all classes for 1st - 3rd places. We will run all Stock, all Mod, all J classes and OSY-400. Hope to see you there. Don't miss registration on Friday afternoon or Sat Morn from 6:30 - 7:30 am. Ed.
    Attached Files
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Why aren't 1 2/3 mile courses ever run anymore?

For that matter, why aren't there any courses over 1 mile?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

1 2/3rds was run at Lake Lawrence in May. Last rumor I heard, water levels permitting, 1 2/3rds might be run 1 day, 1 1/4 the next for the September race (or maybe 1 mile and 1 1/4 mile). Have to wait for the sanction to be sure. One possible issue with 1 2/3rds courses is that it isn't a recognized course for PRO records. Another is that it takes forever to run J and A heats.
      Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
      sigpic
      Portland, Oregon
      Johnson Racing

Comment

Hotels.................

Ed
        The race circular says to see Hydroracer for hotels???? Well, what's the scoop. Can you post the phone numbers etc. of the hotels of choice(race headquarters).............
        Thanks
        Matt & Val

Comment

Dayton Hotel

Here it is: Race Headquarters is at the Days Inn located just on the other side of Rt4 from the race site (across from the school). Days Inn Phone number is: 937-236-8083. Call immediately as there is a convention in town. Also, YOU MUST SAY THE FOLLOWING WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION, to get the good rate ($70/nite): I want a room on the Bob Laws/APBA Boat Race block. Otherwise, you'll get a higher rate or they may tell you they're booked. Call today. Ed.
          14-H

Comment

Hotel is filling up. Call today. Ed.
            14-H

Comment

NBRA/AOF invitation

If the NBRA Nationals are moved to Alex (or even if not), you guys are all invited to Dayton. We will recognize all cards at this event. Come race at the "Center of the World of Boatracing", the Dayton Hydrobowl. Carters, Heberts, Millers, Stotts (he's the ref), Whittakers and others have been to this race. You can ask them about the course. You'll have good racing and a good time. Most of the IOA Mods come to this race. Hope to see you there. Ed Hearn.
              14-H

Comment

thanks ed.........................

ed
                thanks for the hotel info. the rate is actually $85 per night which includes taxes, tags, dealer prep etc. etc. for the Laws rooms.

please call me on my cell later at 301-318-4259. i have some logistic issues i need some help with regarding number one daughter..........

matt

Comment

Matt: You're welcome. Ed.
                  14-H

Comment

Dayton Update

We have confirmed that we will have a driver's party and banquet on Saturday evening. Dinner is 8 bucks for adults. Beer will be provided at $2 a cup. We intend to have Karoke and Bristol Viewing available. We will also award the trophies for Saturday's racing along with the Ellis and O'Brien Awards. Come for the fun. Ed.
                    14-H

Comment

bump to the top. Ed.
                      14-H

Comment

bump to the top.
                        14-H

Comment

ba bump ba bump
                          14-H

Comment

Hotel Rooms

Hotel Rooms are going fast. Make sure you get one. There is a convention in town the weekend of the race. Rooms are limited. Ed.
                            14-H

Comment

DMRs at Dayton

Is anyone planning on running DMR at Dayton? I'm trying to make sure Bobby gets to race.
                              14-H

Comment

Working...
                              X