Question Regarding J's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding J's

With regards to the National Championship for J classes, can any category (or race for that matter) bid to host the J nationals?
    David Weaver

Yes, I believe so.
    bill b

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver
      With regards to the National Championship for J classes, can any category (or race for that matter) bid to host the J nationals?
      While the answer is yes, it makes sence to run it with the Stocks/Mods since they are more likely then not to be the children of the Stock/Mod Drivers.
      !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Originally posted by PopPop
        While the answer is yes, it makes sence to run it with the Stocks/Mods since they are more likely then not to be the children of the Stock/Mod Drivers.
        Come again?
        David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver
          Come again?
          Sorry about my misspelling sence>>>>I meant "sense" and my omission,
          "Stock/Mod Nationals. " I was just stated my opinion. I believe the answer is still yes, since J is not a Stock class. You'll have to check with the J commission for a more definite answer.
          Last edited by PopPop; 08-05-2006, 05:51 PM.
          !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Thanks PopPop. Mainly I am curious. We get a good turnout of K PRO's at DePue, many from all over the country. I wonder if the draw would be as good for J's? Sure are a lot of them in Region 6 and Region 7.
            David Weaver

Comment

My guess is probably not, especially next year. The stock Nationals (and mod?) will be in Washington, and they again will be pretty close to the time of DePue. And like PopPop said, most of the J drivers are kids of the Stock and Mod guys, and those kids may be out of luck if their Dads are set to going to Washington for the Nationals. And there are J Drivers from EVERYWHERE as I saw this past week! I saw letters I don't think I have seen before in racing!

And also, I know the J catagory also includes the AXS classes, and many of those drivers also run ASH and other stock classes. You may get a few to come, but not many.

But to answer your question, Mr. Weaver, you may not get the turnouts you would wish for. It is a good idea, though.

Comment

Stock

I believe Mod has tried a couple times to put the J Class on as a Nationals along with the Mod Nat's, and the bid was not accepted or not approved. I think the stock category will usually host them wherever they are. I think it may be due to what some others said, AXSH, ASH, and what not. It is primairaly a stock class at any rate, so I guess it makes sense.
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                X