Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamato 104, I dont see any literature online, whats its worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato 104, I dont see any literature online, whats its worth?

I am looking at a yamato 104, what do these go for running in good cond.?
    I also found one of the boats that they race in japan, any clue as to who makes it?

Yamato...

TO RACERMOTUEL,

YOU PROBABLY MEAN A YAMATO 102. THE PRICE WILL DEPEND ON WHAT HAS BEEN DONE TO IT.

THE BOATS ARE ALSO MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY THAT MAKES THE MOTORS. PRICE ?.

DARRELL OR RIC RESPOND TO THIS.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Ive got motor and boat, motor plate says model 104, I would think its rare to find the hull here in the US?

Comment

104 ?? No such thing anyone ever heard of a 104. The boat is probably one of the hulls they race in the stadium over in Japan. Yes the boats are rare here in US but not worth anything as you cannot race it in any APBA AOF or NBRA class I could be wrong but its not a legal hull in any of the US sanctioning bodies.

The boat would be fun for the lake at best.
        Attached Files
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I am sure the motor is a 302. I have 2 of the para-mutual boats that are of the vintage of the 102 motors. I can see this is a newer boat, it has the rubber bumper in the front. Most of the boats are burned when they are finished with them as they are beat up a lot. Yamato builds about 1600 motors & 1800 boats a year for 24 racing stadiums.
          The boats weigh about 160# and need a real light driver to make them perform well. The drivers in Japan weigh about 55 kilograms (120#).
          You can have fun with the boat. Yours and the 2 of mine are the only ones I know of in the U. S.

Darrell

Comment

No, guys. The plate actually says Yamato model 104. Just because we don't see other Yamato motors in the US doesn't mean they don't exist. I guess it would be a legal OSY 400 motor, but the boat wouldn't be competitive. The boat is only a collector's item in the US.
            Last edited by sam; 07-26-2006, 03:26 PM.

Comment

FYI - there has been a model 104 as we have seen one racing in the UK by Rex King. As far as I remember it was the same as the 102 but with double condensers like the 202. Rex was given his when he went to a race in Japan way back when.......

I am sure that Mike Ward the UK Yamato agent can assist in solving this mystery.......
              Team 27
              F:250 Hydroplane Racing

Comment

Yamato 104

Mr Jillings is correct concerning the Yamato 104. British driver Rex King was given the motor following the OSY.400 Grand Prix in Japan in 1986.

The motor is almost identical to the model 102 except for the double condensors - a small quantity of which I still have in stock!

However I do not have any manuals or specifications for this model which was a limited production and so are very rare. The model 202 was introduced in October 1985, although it usually takes at least 1 year before stadium motors are made available outside the stadiums.

As for the stadium boats - I have tried on several occasions to obtain a few for a new junior class here in the UK but he Japs say they are not available.

Mike Ward
                Yamato UK
                Last edited by Mike Ward; 08-01-2006, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Hey Mike welcome to HR Net
                  HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Legal hull?

Haven't seen any rules on hulls as to size and so forth , curious to know about legal issue. I know in some orgs. a certain # of whatevers makes a race, as maybe 5 entrys for nats.
                    curious RichardKCMo QUOTE=Admin]104 ?? No such thing anyone ever heard of a 104. The boat is probably one of the hulls they race in the stadium over in Japan. Yes the boats are rare here in US but not worth anything as you cannot race it in any APBA AOF or NBRA class I could be wrong but its not a legal hull in any of the US sanctioning bodies.

The boat would be fun for the lake at best.[/QUOTE]
                    RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Mike,

Do you know why they stopped producing the 80 many, many years ago? Did they just want more power on those tugs they race? Will there ever be another 20 cc Yamato motor in your opinion? Just curious.

Thanks,
                      Brew56
                      www.trora.com

Comment

Yamato Motors

Brew 56

I am now dealing with a new guy at the factory who has very little knowledge of previous motors. Not sure why that stopped production but the model 80 was not a great design - just ask Bob Goller ! I guess they just wanted a more reliable motor with greater power. I doubt the Japs will produce another 350cc motor and the next model will be another version of the 300 series. They are also very reluctant to introduce the prototype 4-stroke model and will not publish any specifications regarding this.

Comment

Here is the answer

When Yamato makes a minor change to a motor it is given a new model number. So when the double condencer mag was intrduced to the 102 it became the 104. There may have been a change before that for a 103.
                          To make things simpler all the motors imported, the id plate is removed and are all known as a 302 since they meet all 302 specs. There have been changes to the co-pilot, enternal changes to the gear case to just name a few. When a major change is make such as the exahust snout, it is brought to the stock commission for their approval.

As far as the boats go, they all get burned when they are finished with them. Ric & I asked if they could be exported, the answer was no, since used items have to be like new to be exported from Japan and after a years use they are no where in new condition. So that is why there is only 3 of them (to my knowlege) in the US.

Darrell

Comment

Working...
                          X