help I am new to this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help I am new to this!

Hey guys i am new to this site, and I remmber as a kid back in the early 80's a friend of my dads here in tampa by the name of Bill i think the last name was Coon ran the small hydro down at avon park but any way I have an 18 ft 300hp drag boat and love it but I stumbled on this site and would love to get into the smaller hydros just looks like alot of fun. I live just out side of tampa fl. any help would be nice and when is the next meet that is some what close to tampa? thanks in advance
    Dan
    Last edited by quartershot; 07-26-2006, 01:40 PM.

Hi Dan,

Good to have you on board here at HR Net. there are plenty of guys down your way that will chime in once they see your post. Racing in Florida tends to be hot during the fall and winter months once the racing season has closed down for the season up north.

Stock/ Mod/ Pro Racing Returns to Florida

Lake Placid dates are set. Altoona and Talahassee will be held, but date given is "close" but subject to change a week or two.

Plan your vacations, testing, racing, and fun times with this schedule. All are welcome. AOF racing at it's best.

Oct 21-22 (Lake Placid)
    Nov 18-19 (Lake Placid)
    Dec 16-17 (Lake Placid)
    Jan 20-21 (Lake Placid)
    Feb 17-18 (Lake Placid)
    Mar 17-18 (Lake Placid)
    Mar 24-25 (Altoona)
    Short Course Nationals AND Records (4 lap 3/4 mi)
    Apr 15-16 (Lake Placid)
    May 19-20 (Talahassee)
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

[Hi Dan, This is David Dressel from Jacksonville, I've seen your post but wasn't sure, what class of Hydro Plane you're looking for.I am getting rid of my fathers BOH equipment. If interested please contact me at my user name double-d or ljdanddwd@bellsouth.net, or 904-727-9145.

Comment

to be honest with you I am not sure this is all new If it was 18ft and 200 plus hp then i can tell you all about the boats I like but these small one are I am lost I am about 200 lb guy so any input would be great. I do know i want a pickle fork style.
        thanks Dan

Comment

Hey Dan you probably will not want to go lower then CSH and you might even consider FEH or DMH.

Also look into the Pro USTS series where you might consider 250cc or 350cc Alky.
          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by quartershot
            to be honest with you I am not sure this is all new If it was 18ft and 200 plus hp then i can tell you all about the boats I like but these small one are I am lost I am about 200 lb guy so any input would be great. I do know i want a pickle fork style.
            thanks Dan
            Here ya go.
            Attached Files
            HTML Code:

Comment

Hey Dan you can download the entire APBA Stock Mod Pro Rule book by clicking on the link below.

You will need Adobe Reader to view this.

APBA Stock Mod & Pro Rule Book
              HTML Code:

Comment

There are a number of racers that are in the 200 pound range and race competitively in CSH. You don't have to be at the legal minimum with lead in your boat to win. Weight may mean more in alky where there is no minimum.

Comment

you guys are great keep it comming so what will it take to get started?
                  thanks Dan

Comment

hey newbie

For your info there is a very competative CSH/OSY 400, , complete race ready im mean every thing for 3000.00 cash said if you paid cash hed throw in another prop for a back up behind his best wheel that rocks with the set up on that boat... great intro package and you can run up to 3 different classes with the same rig. cant beat it and to top it off the next race(meet) is here in Frostproof( 60 miles SW of tampa) the weekend of sept.30 and oct.1 ....the gentleman is retired and is having health problems , Ive driven this rig and seen it go at an AOF race against some of our good ABPA CSH and it was no slouch ,,oh yes and did i mention the guy driving the boat weighed a little over 200 lbs so oooo its fast ,,,,both props are dewald ,, this is one of those package deals that wont last.. we need these boats on the water here in region 5 and im a part of a group of racers that would help a new schooler such as yourself and help you get your self going. 1 last thing the boat comes with a trailer (light). My name is Ken Godwin 863 512-2079 cell give me shout and ill get you set up.... good luck hope to see you on the water,,,,,,

Comment

sounds like a wonderfull starter package

Comment

I like what i hear and yes i will give you a call on that package deal. are there any pics of this boat? thanks Dan

Comment

Hey Dan here are two more boats that might still be for sale, both boats are local in your area. The red boat belongs to Doug Mc and the blue boat belongs to Mike Bearette. Both guys are members of HydroRacer.Net and should chime in once they see your post.

This is the information on the red boat:

Tecraft CSH/OSY, Yamato 102 rebuilt by Jerry Davids and tuned by Tom Cronk, DeWald prop. $3,200. Motor originally comes from Kevin Harrell, and Jerry Davids built this the boat for his personal use. Reason for selling is that Tom Cronk has come out of boat building retirement, and I have a new Tecraft OSY on the jig. Contact Doug at dougmcalarney@yahoo.com or (850) 559-1986.
                          Attached Files
                          HTML Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Admin
                            This is the information on the red boat:

Tecraft CSH/OSY, Yamato 102 rebuilt by Jerry Davids and tuned by Tom Cronk, DeWald prop. $3,200. Motor originally comes from Kevin Harrell, and Jerry Davids built this the boat for his personal use. Reason for selling is that Tom Cronk has come out of boat building retirement, and I have a new Tecraft OSY on the jig. Contact Doug at dougmcalarney@yahoo.com or (850) 559-1986.
                            If you want to buy the 50-F rig, I will be traveling to Tarpon Springs tomorrow and will be there at 9:30AM. I could deliver it to you in Palm Harbor tomorrow afternoon or on Saturday since I am staying in Hudson. Call me today at (850) 559-1986 if you are interested. I'm leaving Tallahassee for Tarpon at 5 AM.

Doug.

Comment

I'm 195lbs and have to add 5 lbs, give or take one or two, to make weight in CSH. The boat is registed and titled with the state, so you'd have no problems testing at Anderson Park, Lake Tarpon or Moon Lake at any time. I took 5th or 6th in APBA CSH Winter Nats and 1st at AOF CSH Winter Nats, so you would jump right in and be competitive with the best in the nation. I'm only selling because I have a new boat built specifically for me that will be racing in August/Sept.

Comment

Working...
                              X