Long Sault 2006 "Thunder in the Parkway"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Sault 2006 "Thunder in the Parkway"

The 2006 Long Sault Ontario race will be a completely different event this year, for the first time in many, many years in Canada the staock/mod division and the inboard division will be running together.

Once again the Parks of the St.Lawrence will be offering free camping in one of Ontarios finest provincial parks to all racers. Most sites have electrical hookups, there are showers etc... in the campground and a Saturday night Party in the camp area.

There canteen located at the beach just about 100 yards from the pits will once again be serving breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.

We will be running most of the common classes run in Region 2, and the 1.5, 2.5 and 5 litre inboards.

The local community and the Parks folks are real excited about this new format and as of this afternoon the event is on the tentative schedule to be taped and broadcast on Cable TV.

So mark an "X" on the calendar and make Long Sault a must attend in 2006.

The sanction is being loaded onto the APBA site and should be complete within a few days.
    Attached Files

Hey Bob, what part of the day will the inboards fit in? nat

Comment

It is essentially still an outboard race so the inboards will fit into our schedule. We will start the day with outboards, during this time we will put one class of inboards in the water, then we will run that inboard class. Then we will continue with outboards while the inboards reset for another class, etc..... So it should be continuous racing all day, no delays etc.....

There will be full time turn judges in the corners so no delyas doing patrol boat change etc.... There will be 2 sets of officials on the judges stand so no delays doing paper work etc......

So nothing really changes for the outboards, other than we get a chance to watch inboards run around the course while we setup for our own heats.

Comment

great spot

Chrissy and I will be there. DMH.

Rich Hepton 8-CE
        Rich Hepton 8-CE
        Ottawa Valley Powerboat Club
        DMH/DSH

Comment

Don't forget to book this event on your calendar, it's shaping up to be a fun weekend.

Comment

Are there any 20ssh showing up to this race? If there is then we need 5 or we'll be combined. I'm going to meet my equipment at the race site. I'll have a CSH, and a 20ssh there.
            Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Working...
            X