Curwensville, PA Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curwensville, PA Report

We battled wind gusts all day Saturday but were able to get 20 heats in. Sunday was much worse with a terrible forecast so racing was called at 11.

Thank you to all who came to support this first time event. Without the support of the East coast, Canadian & Fla teams, we couldn't have done it. Thank you!
    I also want to thank the EMT's, our rescue team (Bill, Charlie and team), the race commitee, judges stand helpers, those who helped pack up, and especially Shannon Bowman who was the Chief Referee.

Spectators filled the the river bank and the sponsor was pleased with the quality of racing. Park personnel have already stated they want us back in 2007. There was some discussion about sutting down the entire lake and allowing us to race on the beach side which is wind-protected. We went over there on our way out at 1:30 and the water looked very raceable. They tell us they will do practically anything we want to make our next trip there even better.

Question...would you go back or would you be interested in attending this race for the first time in 2007? We need to know either way...thanks!

JR
    1-Dylan Runne, 2-Mike Werner, 3-Justin Brewster

Other Winners:
    20SSH - Rick Wagner, Jr. (1st win ever!)
    CSR - Joe Silvestri
    BMH - Harry Danforth
    CSH - Travis Pond/Shannon Bowman(tie)
    ASH - Danielle Kobren
    CMR - Jerry Davids
    CMH - Tom Rice
    AXSR - Justin Brewster

Hope everyone had a safe trip home and found themselves with DRY basements!
    Jerry Brewster
    Last edited by Brew56; 07-03-2006, 08:04 AM.
    www.trora.com

Jerry
    It's a Great site and better water with a shot at bath showers, for my daughters, would sure sweeten the pot pal! I would return with more boats! in 2007.
    11J
    Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

no doubt i would return to curwensville. If we get on the beachside we can give the crowd a great show.
      MJR Composites racing...cleveland division

Comment

Jerry,

No doubt the other side would provide better pits, with the beach and the large parking lot, and a better spot for spectators to watch. Not to mention a little more water for a little bigger course, even though I loved the little course we raced on. Sounds enticing.
        Joe Silvestri
        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
        JH/JR

Comment

Great Location............................

The site is nice but it seems the prevailing wind comes west to east and perhaps good water may be hit or miss??? Maybe the club needs to study the average lake conditions more before making a decision on a future event. Perhaps the race site could be moved to the other side of the lake??

We would come back if the club deems we simply had a unusual weather pattern for the weekend and the place isn't always rough...........The town, location,and locals were great and of course the Brewsters, Holt "s and company were on top of every detail.

Shannon's effort was 'overated'.............I saw him at the concession stand most of the weekend not on the judges stand. At least his gas passed (hope that sounded right). See you at Thompson.

Comment

Thanks Matt and the comments about Shannon still have me laughing...

Tom Eynon lives near the race site and will be doing regular checks on this site throughout the year. He told me he plans on doing a lot of research so we will have the input we need.

If people are interested in coming back, our first choice would be the beach area. It is well-protected by trees and the water looked great over there when we left yesterday as we were loading the rescue boat at the ramp. We know they want us back and in this day and age, that's a great thing.

By the way, I certainly appreciate the patience and understanding everyone showed throughout the weekend.

Jerry
            www.trora.com

Comment

I think it was a site with a ton of potential and the option to run on the bigger side of the point would increase the value of the site. From some of the locals, the wind was from a strange direction this year, not typical. And having the ability to use either side of the point would give us the flexibility to run almost no matter what Mother Nature throws at us.

A big thanks to all that attended and raced on less than perfect water. All drivers did a great job not only competing against each other but the conditions as well. It was a great show for the crowd.

Hopefully in 07, if we can get the bigger side of the lake, the East Coast won't be smimming from rain and more east coast boats can attend, as well as some more from up north and down south, Curwensville could grow into a "must attend" event.
              Brian 10s

Comment

Results

Thanks to Jen Rice for the following results:

JR AXSR
                1. DYLAN RUNNE 1. JUSTIN BREWSTER
                2. MIKE WERNER 2. MERISSA LANGLOIS
                3. JUSTIN BREWSTER

ASH CSR
                1. DANIELLE KOBREN 1. JOE SILVESTRI
                2. VALORIE DAGOSTINO 2. PATRICK FARREL
                3. MIKE KENCH 3. JERRY DAVIDS

CSH
                1. TRAVIS POND
                1. SHANNON BOWMAN
                3. IAN AUGUSTINE

20SSH
                1. RICK WAGNER
                2. TRAVIS POND
                3. HARRY DANFORTH

BMH CMH
                1. HARRY DANFORTH 1. TOM RICE
                2. MIKE THIERFELDER 2. BRIAN WILLIAMS
                3. PHIL ZIEG 3. KEVIN STUPP

CMR
                1. JERRY DAVIDS
                2. JEFF WILLIAMS
                3. JEFF RAPP
                www.trora.com

Comment

i like the short course we ran. it was fun. really learned how to drive.
                  MJR Composites racing...cleveland division

Comment

i'll be back

i would come back whether we race or not. but the other side of the lake looks like a winner.

Comment

race in 07

seems like the lake could turn into a great place to race . hope to see everyone there next year .the beach side sure looked like it could be a better place to race . still in all we at sunrise/rat racing will make every effort to be back next year. Loretta and Merissa had a great time in there runabouts for there first time in compition in them. running hydros is what they started in but they sure like the new ride in runabouts. Cant fight mother nature ,just be flexible and run what you can.

Comment

Shafted

I think the winds were just unusual for that weekend. So we got the rotten end of the stick. But I think it has a lot of potential. Next year we should firm up the opportunity to run on the other side should the winds blow in that direction again. Then we'd have something to fall back on rather than losing any income we could have gained from a great site.
                        Just something to think about.
                        Dylan
                        Justice
                        41-S

Comment

Count Harry and I in for next year, and we will drag the rest of our crew, as well.
                          Ian Augustine

Comment

well be there

i come next year the location was perfect and the locals were very nice
                            Johnny Wlodarski III
                            24J

Comment

We will defintely be back, very nice place. We will also save a spot beside us for Harry and Ian....you two are the greatest!! And Harry's lime, rum concoctions are awesome....and that's Christine talkin!
                              Like I told the young lady from the park who was actually worried we would not come back....that we are used to blow outs and we wont hold it against the place when mother nature has her way with us.
                              Thanks to all for their hard work.
                              http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X