Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grass Roots Marketing ( GORILLA TACTICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass Roots Marketing ( GORILLA TACTICS)

Lots of good Intelligent discussion lately.
    Let's implement some simple first steps....

I had a good talk with WARB's yesterday, guess what? I don't know it all.
    WE need to establish a budget that we can get ABPA to write checks for for advetising. Add: I fully expect within a short time for these endevers to become self supporting:
    The first place I would spend it would be.
    A pack of ten apba membership applications along with color pamphlets that had regional contact info and a place to add your own name and contact #.
    Every member would receive this.
    POINT OF CONTACT SALE. don't let anyone get away. I always make my sale right here right now. chances go away if you let them think about it.
    every meeting at every race, every gas stop ect is a sales oppertunity.
    Sell your self ,sell our sport. add what ever incentives you feel will get that interested person to get out his checkbook and join..
    Add your own membership perks. A boat ride , Hang out at your shop , AN invite to club functions.
    I would then like to see APBA run with this and offer an INCENTIVE program.
    Fill out a quota = your free membership or a deep discount.

Next : CAll Mike Franck and Kerry Erikstrup and price out proper Trailer decals with More Info on them..... for nominal cost or FREE ...

These are doable things to start RIGHT NOW
    Until we can work up a comprehensive campaign.

I will look into the cost of billboard advertising space. I would really like to try this in MN WI area.
    Steve
    P.S.
    Thanks for all the muthers day wishes and e-mails

Gorilla Tactics

I think you have some great ideas. That we need to get into place. All of the open trailers are moving billboards. That need contact info on them. So people that see the boats and are interested know who to contact to get info on are sport.
    Last edited by Lights; 05-14-2006, 11:07 AM.
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Gorilla Tactics

BTTT

Originally posted by Steve Johnson
      A pack of ten apba membership applications along with color pamphlets that had regional contact info and a place to add your own name and contact #.
      Every member would receive this.
      POINT OF CONTACT SALE. don't let anyone get away. I always make my sale right here right now. chances go away if you let them think about it.
      every meeting at every race, every gas stop ect is a sales oppertunity.
      Sell your self ,sell our sport. add what ever incentives you feel will get that interested person to get out his checkbook and join..
      Add your own membership perks. A boat ride , Hang out at your shop , AN invite to club functions.
      I would then like to see APBA run with this and offer an INCENTIVE program.
      Fill out a quota = your free membership or a deep discount.

Next : CAll Mike Franck and Kerry Erikstrup and price out proper Trailer decals with More Info on them..... for nominal cost or FREE ...

These are doable things to start RIGHT NOW
      Until we can work up a comprehensive campaign.

I will look into the cost of billboard advertising space. I would really like to try this in MN WI area.
      Steve
      Well what do you all think???
      Mark
      G-11
      125H

[

Comment

outdoor Advertising

Looking into a billboard Advert program. Talking with Lamar
        Will report findings soon. Will be at Franklin & Burlington this weekend. Feel free to look me up for more discussion. Also will inquire as to indoor advert space( next media) you see them in bars-Restauraunts over the U****als . Hey what better place ,your stuck there< target audience Identifed and reached, MALE, enough $ to be out soicalizing and most likely they like to party. Can reach our 18-40 demographic perfectly.
        ALSO IN TOUCH WITH STICKER GUY'S for race trailer marketing . Lets Roll.

See, I can do more than B&*%H ( however I do excell at it )
        Steve

Comment

Steve,
          Can you please share with us as this progresses the prices you are able to secure for such endeavors?
          Where I live, for example, the cost of just doing t shirts and stickers is much higher than in other parts of the country.
          It would be great to share some of that information. I would also love to order from boat racers in these types of businesses, even if a little higher.
          Maybe we need a page on Hydroracer for boat racers who provide t shirts, stickers, other advertising materials.
          I am also wondering what your ROI (return on investment) percentage is that would make the expenditures worth it as you would see it.
          This is very exciting, and thank you for researching.
          Connie

Comment

https://hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7805

Steve,
            Did you catch the thread above? SLORA of Idaho and Washington sell advertisement and then put in a magazine and all advertisers on the shirts that are sold.
            This is a good way for a club to sell local advertisement and then advertise for their sponsors each time they wear the shirt.
            The club also makes money on the sale of the magazines and the shirts.
            The club also gets donations for raffles at each race.
            If more clulbs would do this then it would be easier to purchase the new equipment to have on hand for new racers.
            Not to mention that raffles are a good motivator for the crowd to stick around and see if they win.
            AOF usually contributes to the raffles with some AOF shirts, etc. You could ask APBA to do the same.
            Connie

Comment

Good Stuff

Lot's of good marketing brainstorming going on. I bet I talked to 12 people in my whirlwind tour of the midwest, last weekend.
              Chicago Paul has put together Exactly the type of handout I was thinking of. I took 10 and I think I saved one. the rest I passed out on the way home. Every Driver should carry 100 of those puppies. Sounds like a revamp of the APBA sticker is on tap and several other "sexy" designs are in the works. I have the first 3 customers lined up for a "DEMO" ride in the CSR soon as I get the motor part handled. Mr. Steve French has stepped up to the plate with a 302. Now to get it here.
              Have been playing Phone tag with LAMAR outdoor signs. I will ask for several quotes as well as options. Have yet to contact the Indoor sign people, need to get out of the house some more.
              I also have a real Cool Idea that I would be willing to do the leg work for. Still researching this one. Could turn out to be a for profit venture with a good part of the proceeds returned to HR and the promo fund.
              Keep thinkin while you work on the boats.
              O.K. gotta get back to sanding a bottom.

Comment

In the mid 90's APBA had a program one year where every new member a club signed up at a race the club got a percentage of it toward a sanction fee. East Bay Boat Club ended up with one sanction fee paid. The program went away the next year.
                Region 11 has schedule cards with contacts on it to hand out. Cost is less than $300, done by Copper Jess. The winning bid at our Region Banquet gets their picture on the front. Proceeded go to the region publicity fund.
                Darrell

Comment

Outdoor Advertising

O.K. rough # 5000.00/ mo + 1200.00 vinal set up fee per each. varys by location.
                  The man I talked to at Lamar is a Motorhead him self and has done work with APBA before. I did stress that I am not empowered to spend any $ my self and am mearly trying to get this candle lit. He also suggested marketing at State Fairs. est 1 million fairgoers in his market alone. Also hotrod events such as back to the fifitys in MN they have these things nation wide. FYI a board will be avalibile in the watertown NY area. FLRC?
                  Any one with any Authorita want to take over? I should recive something in the mail from Lamar shortly. Who do I forward to?

Comment

Recieved Promo info from Lamar

O.K who do sent this up to?

don't forget this stuff this summer..... Give rides

Comment

Marketing / Sponsorship

Here is something new. The USTS has been fortunate to have a good relationship with Marvin-Integrity Windows. This year we are making an effort to expend what we give back to Marvin. The attached photo is an easy way to expand upon the Marvin receives at our events. The attached Photo was taken by Jean Tennell and is much better in its full format.
                      Attached Files
                      David Weaver

Comment

SO Promo DVD

Steve I got a the new promo DVD. It is well done. Just needs to be looped to keep playing over and over.
                        Mark
                        G-11
                        125H

[

Comment

Working...
                        X