Second time out testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second time out testing

I got out testing my CSH today for 3 hours. Tried three props, different motor heights, tuck angles and needle settings. I got 64.8mph out of it today. That is 4.5 mph faster than last week. The boat was flying nice today and cornered like it was on rails. I think it is all prop work from here on out. Maybe a change of the jests?????? The motor is formerly from CA. and I am here in MN. I think the elevation change could call for a jet change. Anyone have some Ideas about the jets?

I think I'm ready enough for my first race now. It will be a hole new game with other boat out there with me though.

Just sharing,
    Mark
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

great testing results

to be in the front this should be your goal 69-70 MPH tach 7450 . NEVER USE YOUR FIRST READINGS AT THE LAKE THE MOTOR IS NOT HOT YET AND WILL SLOW DOWN .It is very important to make sure your butter fly is set right when you hook up the throttle 1-2 mph there alone .as far as your jets use a tach and gps turn one click at a time mark where you start with a marker so you have a ref. point if after 2 or 3 clicks it goes faster or slower then you know which way to go from there this is very impotant take good notes weather windy water calm or rough temp set up ect ect and keep them you can use these later to get props. let me know how it goes I have more for you to try most important don't forget to have fun !

Comment

That Yamato does not use fixed jets. The needle valve is adjustable and is on the bottom of the carb. It should be set initially at 1 1/4 turns open. You can refine from there usually a hair leaner. Good Luck

Comment

I've heard that some savy Yamoto guys do use fixed jets in these carburetors. They say it is easy to just cut off the end of the high speed adjusting needle and then drill and tap the holder for a fixed jet. The ones I've seen used Holley carburetor jets because he had access to them but any jet size can be used if the proper thread size is put on the holder. These carbs look unchanged on the outside and the needle valve looks stock and can be rotated.

Comment

Working...
        X