Zanesville, OH, Championship date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zanesville, OH, Championship date?

In conversation I was told yesterday by a CBF Executive member that they received an application for the Outboard North American Championships to be held on Sept 9-10. I thought they were in July? That is what's listed on the APBA site.

Sept 9-10 runs again Grass Lake, MI and Long Sault, ON. Not bad enough we have both these great races within driving distance competing against one another but to add in Zanesville also within driving distance on the same date made no sense to me. The two existing races draw lots of racers who would like to hit Zanesville I'm sure. All races will suffer.

I asked them if maybe it was a numbered date that was misunderstood and they said September was written out in words.

Please tell me there is a mistake somewhere...???

Andrew "Dazed and Confussed" Fralick
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Zanesville NAC

Andrew,

The Zanesville race is going to be run July 7-9, 2006 with testing on Friday.
    I am not sure how the mix up happaned but i will get it fixed.

There will be a IOA Modified, PRO ANT. & J Race in Hillsdale MI on September 8-10, 2006 with testing on Friday this will be a 3 days of racing 2 set up like last year. Hope this clears this up. If any ? let me know.

Thanks
    Jim Robb 7-M
    President IOA
    Last edited by meanred; 05-01-2006, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks Jim!

I figured it had to be a mistake.
      Fralick Racing
      Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Zanesville North American Championships:
        The IOA will host all Mod classes, antique service, JH/JR (only), and selected Stock classes at Zanesville on 8-9 July 2006. NAC's will be for the following Stock and Mod classes: AMR, BMR, and 25MH plus ASH, 20SSH, 25SSH, CSH, and DSH. There will be insured/sanctioned testing on Friday 7 July from 1200- 1800 for registered drivers. There will be a $10/driver charge for Friday testing to help defray ambulance expenses. You may test multiple classes for the single $10 per/driver charge. There will be NO testing on race days. We'll start racing perhaps as early as 0930 on Saturday to make sure we get all classes on the water. All classes will be scheduled to run on Saturday.... but our priority will be to run all NAC's on Saturday. If weather or other unforseen delays force moving NAC's until Sunday, the classes for NAC's will have priority on Sunday.
        On Sunday we will have a "special race-within-a-race" in A-Mod runabout. The top 3 finishers powered by Mercury Mark 20H will split a $175 dollar purse. $100 for the lst finisher, $50 for 2nd finisher, and $25 for 3rd finisher. If you have any questions, give me a call. Further sanction details will be published after we get our APBA "homework" done.
        Mike Marshall, Race Director, 740-319-5040 cell

Comment

Working...
        X