X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Johnsons first century race

Tommorrow MN Ironman ride
    My first century race. weather 55 degrees and rain
    ED, I'm working myself down to AMR size. look out. BTW I belive Tom will let me into his prop box. 194 and shrinking from my fat 215 last fall. I'll try to post a pic or two Mon
    the "not so big Johnson"

Race

Good luck to you.
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Go Steve! Go!

Good luck out there and go like He**
      Attached Files
      Tom L.

Comment

Can you wave when you pass the house! Good luck tomorrow, wear a wetsuit.
        DAVEY 18w

Comment

Darn it Steve, we may have to exchange diet plans! I have been doing really well about watching the food and working out a lot, but that seems to be offset by the large amount of beer consumption that I have been partaking in lately. It seems as if the whole "beach lifestyle" that I thought that I would get into is taking hold of me in the wrong way... It used to be that I would party on the work overnights and take it easy at home. Now, I am still hanging crazy on overnights but am also doing it on my days off... (NOT GOOD!!!) I guess one of these days I will grow up and calm down. Maybe then I will actually have time to put into racing. Until then, point me towards the bar!

On a side note, it's a good thing that the two Ryans (myself and Runne) haven't found out where each other live yet... That could be some SERIOUS trouble!!!

Comment

Yes, wear a wetsuit

Steve-O of the great White Nort, Hey!!

Good Luck, and most of all have a blast!!

Warbs
            64*W

Comment

Current conditions do not look good. Even the waterfoul have called it a day and headed undercover. We have a pair of ducks right out the patio door. Steve, I hope you don't chafe!
              DAVEY 18w

Comment

Silly You!!!

Your not really going to ride a BIKE--There ain't no motor--Dam things have pedals and you have to use your legs!!! Now, switch over to one of your Modified lawn care tractors. Most of them even have a spot for can or two of BEER!!!! GOOD LUCK STEVE!!!

Lars 36W

Comment

I Am

I finished 7.5 hours 1.3 rest
                  Rain all day, 55 degrees . mile 35 to 85 20-30 mph headwind ugh. 8 mph was fast pace. Thank you all for the wishes. I would have been tempted to stay in bed today. Many Many took the short route. the sag wagon was full up too. A big thanks to John Palmquist. He set me up with a sweet bike / BMC carbon. If you like to ride I gotta give his shop a plug.
                  I will be sleeping in tommorrow, more rain. and a soak in the hot tub yet tonight. I have some body parts I can't feel yet.
                  See ya all soon
                  Steve Johnson (Ironman finisher)

Comment

I can't believe you went out in this crappy weather. Good to hear you finished the race though. Way to go.

I may be stopping in the morning. I got some stuff for you. That I finished at work tonight.
                    Mark
                    G-11
                    125H
                    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

GREAT JOB STEVE! Personally I think you may be nuts however, since we're related I won't hold it against you. I sure know I couldn't have done it **** proud of you bro
                      Your sis

Comment

Racer in Training

Steve, while you were out playing in the rain yesterday, some of us were seriously getting ready for the race season. How does sitting in front of the TV watching a Nascar rainout, eating cheese puffcorn and ice cream sandwiches, and working on a 12-pack of coke sound? Us D hydro drivers gotta be able to hold those monsters down and flab is more useful than lead. Oh, can I hook several of those fat straps together to make my lifejacket fit again?

Comment

Working...
                        X