No announcement yet.

Price of gas is over $3.00 per gallon in Maryland and going up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, i stopped call waiting , and caller ID?

Originally posted by BP125V
    gas did'nt go from free last year to $3.00/gallon this year, it went from $2.50 something to $3 so the cost difference is not as great as we all tend to think it is.

All of us could make up the difference here and there with a little thought and effort and planning. For instance, my wife and I saved a combined $500/yr on taxes on our cell phones by switching to a Trac Phone, we had Verizon. Think about that, $500 in taxes for stupid cell phones.

There are no victims, only volunteers.

Bill III
    If i lived in another country where thats what i expected, i would except that , sir but i'm an old American , one of 300 million, what it says anyways,

Now that's food for thought , 'rite there .

Total pop., i guess that's why we need to import help.?

Ain't many of us doin' no work, as seen on the netwerk news, ( who would do your constuction fo you) i sure hope someone has an answer.
    Consumers we are, i think we just need leadership , someone to tell us ,What Now.

I really need some stats., because i just may become irragated,
    300, mil. divideded by(can't find it) family of 4 LOGIC, i guess i fail to see it, i know where i live. anyways, i heard that somewhere. Bye the way i live in KCMo since 1993 ,

Another thing anyone if you're .25 % of the pop, voting age? get educated, cannon food ain't cheep 'less 'yer' 'Merican' HE, HE, he.

I always thought i was Apolitical, you just don't know , COWBOY.
    Welcome all comments.!!!
    RichardF
    RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6
      I can't let the price of gas keep me from going to a race. My work schedule keeps me from going to way too many as it is. If I go to any fewer races I'll be someone that owns some race boats instead of a boat racer.
      That where i'm at this year....But gas is playing a big role in giong this year.
      nightmoves

Comment

(Back when I was a wee pup, the saying went: "Southerners drive Fords, smoke Camels, and vote Democratic." One could make an interesting study about the flipping roles of Dem and Repubs in the south. One could start with the life and times and political party switchs of Strom Thurmond.)

My educated guess is the two parties began to shift and filter out into their respective roles of today during the 1960's, from the elections of 1960 & 1964, plus the Vietnam era to the election of 1972. After that, the Republican Party was led by the Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan factions and moved toward conservatism, while the Democratic Party was led by the Kennedy-McCarthy-McGovern factions and moved toward liberalism, or at least as we define those terms today. (by the way, I'm referring to Eugene McCarthy, not Joe 'Tail-gunner"). Therefore, by 1980 with the Reagan-Carter election, the two parties had assumed their present personalities.

Chris Johnson
        111-Z

Comment

OK, so this weekend it is a 600 mile round trip for us. We hauled the stuff to this race last year. The worst mileage we got hauling a two-boat open trailer with a 2004 Chevy Colorado last year was 18 mpg - we were usually at 22 mpg. A $1 uptick in the price of gas costs an additional $30 for us on a 600 mile trip. $30 doesn't shange my mind on one race. If I look at that $1 impact on all the race travel we usually do (10-11 races), it's about $185 for the season (half for just 3 races). We'll see how we do with two C-boats and two motors this season.

The $185 increase in gas cost wouldn't back me off - but I can see where somebody travelling 6,000 miles a race season (more if you go to Nats) at 15 mpg would look at cutting some longer distance races out.
          Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
          sigpic
          Portland, Oregon
          Johnson Racing

Comment

Bingo

Originally posted by Cameraboy
            OK, so this weekend it is a 600 mile round trip for us. We hauled the stuff to this race last year. The worst mileage we got hauling a two-boat open trailer with a 2004 Chevy Colorado last year was 18 mpg - we were usually at 22 mpg. A $1 uptick in the price of gas costs an additional $30 for us on a 600 mile trip. $30 doesn't shange my mind on one race. If I look at that $1 impact on all the race travel we usually do (10-11 races), it's about $185 for the season (half for just 3 races). We'll see how we do with two C-boats and two motors this season.

The $185 increase in gas cost wouldn't back me off - but I can see where somebody travelling 6,000 miles a race season (more if you go to Nats) at 15 mpg would look at cutting some longer distance races out.
            I leased my new truck just before the gas got stupid high. Two more years.......... yes it is a Hemi, and yes it gets 11MPG, towing the trailer around 10MPG. I tried to get out of it this year, but it was not very cost effective. Next truck is a Chevy, Shaun's truck gets 18MPG and it is 4wd and all that. Drove to far away MN for a duck hunt this last season, averaged good milage loaded down with duck boat and stuff.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
            X