Brighton MI Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighton MI Race

The IOA is working on a new race site in Brighton MI for MOD J and some Stock classes on September 22-24, 2006. There will be testing on Friday and 3 days racing in 2.
    Jim
    7-M

nice work

Jim/IOA,

Great work in getting the ball rolling and securing a race site in a state recreation area. Hopefully this work paves the way to future events in the many great state rec areas throughout MI. Have to say it would be nice to have a race within 15 minutes of home as well. Let me know if I can help.

Mark

Comment

BSOA Race....

I believe BSOA has a race the same week end in Pleasant Prairie, Wi. (extreme South east WI.) It is a beautiful place & only 10 minutes from the hose. We will run ALL Stock & Mod classes!
      17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Fred Hauenstein

Does anybody in your area have Fred's e mail address? Thanx

Comment

Any Chance...

Any Chance on making this a joint sanction for NBRA. AOF, and APBA ? That would truly make it a great race, and one to attend.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

same guys running it, right?

Dave,

Nothing against NBRA or AOF, but I don't understand why this would make it a great race. For the most part, the vast majority of NBRA and AOF members are wouldn't travel this far, that late in the season as most live in the south of mid-south.

This should be a great race regardless due to it's location/facilities and I'm assuming the typical IOA crew will do there great job running it. Hope it comes off anyway you look at it.

Mark

Comment

Dave,
              APBA does not allow co sanctioned races. AOF had to join APBA as a club and "co-hosts" races. NBRA did not join as a club and may in the future, but at Pineville, special compensations were made for NBRA. In the AOF case, the co hosted races allow APBA clubs to forward points to AOF for dual card holding AOF and APBA drivers.
              How does this help a club race?
              Since a majority of AOF drivers are also APBA drivers, it draws someone who might be on the fence about attending. You see, AOF pays $500 at the end of the year to the top category driver. The extra points look good toward the goal. (Think of AOF as a series, more or less, just like the USTS).
              There is no extra cost to a race site to do this since AOF is already an APBA club.
              In the case of Pineville, the entry money for non APBA members was used to pay one day memberships to APBA instead of being put in the pot for race expenses. This was an elaborate way of saying we were honoring cards.
              Connie

Comment

Well...

Mark,

Bad Attitude.......... geeze. Anyways, I thought it would be good for the whole sport of boat racing, not just APBA........ Might not draw a lot of extra Mods over, but it will allow card carrying NBRA members to race for something. There are NBRA guys in Michigan.............. And who knows, you might draw some guys from a ways away. IOA does a great job in their races, and is a multi sanctioning club, that is what makes it the best bang for your buck.

I though that paperwork Hearn posted said it was okay ? Guess I did not understand it correctly.

Hopefully this Brighton race will be for all three sanctioning bodies, but I understand how tough that will be now.................. unfortunately.
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                X