Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HARM J Hydro Project - March and April Update

All:

It's been a while since we've posted an update from the museum shop, so we thought we'd put some of the latest photos up.

At this point, the hulls are all turned rightside-up, and are getting prepped for decks to go on. This means lots of epoxy sealer for the insides and outsides of the bottoms, deck supports, sanding and fairing.

Some of the support equipment is coming along nicely too. Benny Betch has been welding boat dollies for the new boats, and they look great.

We're now at that point where many boat builders experience the phenomenon that the closer they get to finishing , the slower things seem to go. With Region 10's racing season start approaching in just a few weeks (April 29-30, in Bridgeport WA), many of the teams are adjusting their expectations for completions and shooting for our Kitsap Lake race in mid-May. Not so with the team of Doug and Jared Martin: Doug says, "we're going to make Bridgeport if it KILLS me!" (Hey, who am I to damper a newcomer's enthusiasm?)

Last week, Mike Weber was in town and stopped by to see the project. Some of you may know that Mike got the job that a lot of us would probably love to have: He's been appointed the Team Manager and driver number one of the Formula Boats unlimited team, who just purchased the Miss Budweiser operation pretty much turn key, including two complete hulls. Mike was in town to oversee the transport of the Bud T-5 and T-6 hulls to their new home base in Indiana. Mike will drive one boat, and the other boat's driver has yet to be named (are you paying attention here, 14-H? ) It was great to catch up with Mike and he enjoyed seeing the excitement of the 5 J teams as they come down to the wire to complete their boats.

Attached are some of the latest photos. The complete album of March and early April can be found at http://community.webshots.com/album/549453322JblPrT

Enjoy,

R-19
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sponsonhead; 04-13-2006, 08:04 AM.
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Thanks for the update. I wish I lived closer. So I could see the kids working on them in person.

Great prodject,
    Mark
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Hammer & Nail

Oh my God, hammers and nails being used! The DeSilvas would be proud. I'm sure Billy is smiling about that manner of carpentry. Ed.
      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Working...
      X