Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about region 6&7 MOD races

MOD Drivers,
    I raced my stock DR in mod at the nationals a few years back for a couple reasons. 1.) I wanted more boat time. 2.) I was intrigued by the challenge. 3.) I figured my stock was close enough to give them boys a race (it was respectable). I haven't raced any mod races since then. With the depleting number of drivers in my particular class, I've come to the conclusion that I need to start looking in other places to fulfill my need for speed. The big eye opener for me was Grass Lake when the DH drivers went to Hillsdale. I hope this doesn't happen to the DR drivers cause I love Grass Lake. However, this made me realize that perhaps I can find some boys that want to play on the MOD side. So my question is this; What kind of turn out do you guys get for DMR in region 6&7? In particular the races I currently see on the APBA schedule (Rochelle, Constantine, DePue, Beloit, Hillsdale and Brighton). Are there any other races within these regions that aren't on the schedule yet?

Josh

Originally posted by pearson95m
    MOD Drivers,
    What kind of turn out do you guys get for DMR in region 6&7? In particular the races I currently see on the APBA schedule (Rochelle, Constantine, DePue, Beloit, Hillsdale and Brighton). Josh
    Josh: not much. Region 7 probably does better than Region 6 nowadays. Try moving to Louisiana. We had 7 DMR's. It was a great race.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

region 7 Mods

Josh - Region 7 mod club is Indiana outboard assoc. Here is there web link. Call one of there officers and talk with them. Super nice guys. Maybe you can spearhead a DSR recrutment drive with them!

http://www.indianaoutboard.org/
      Tom L.

Comment

All of the IOA races will have at least 3-5 DMR. Hillsdale was the showdown race for Highpoints in DMR last year. I would love to have DMH at Big Rapids and Constantine!!!

3 rivers races never put DMR on the list from what I have seen. But they will i hear if we get enough boats.

Brian

Comment

Mike Franck?

Josh Put out a call for the Francks in your aea, if that doesn't work come about 300 mi. S, you'll see racing in NBRA like you've never seen.
          RichardF.
          Originally posted by pearson95m
          MOD Drivers,
          I raced my stock DR in mod at the nationals a few years back for a couple reasons. 1.) I wanted more boat time. 2.) I was intrigued by the challenge. 3.) I figured my stock was close enough to give them boys a race (it was respectable). I haven't raced any mod races since then. With the depleting number of drivers in my particular class, I've come to the conclusion that I need to start looking in other places to fulfill my need for speed. The big eye opener for me was Grass Lake when the DH drivers went to Hillsdale. I hope this doesn't happen to the DR drivers cause I love Grass Lake. However, this made me realize that perhaps I can find some boys that want to play on the MOD side. So my question is this; What kind of turn out do you guys get for DMR in region 6&7? In particular the races I currently see on the APBA schedule (Rochelle, Constantine, DePue, Beloit, Hillsdale and Brighton). Are there any other races within these regions that aren't on the schedule yet?

Josh
          RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Nbra

There are a lot of big runabouts in NBRA. I plan on running DMR, EMR, and SER possibly. There are at least two big NBRA races in what you refer to as Region 7. Shelbyville IL, and Centrallia IL. I attended Centrallia last year and it was perhaps the biggest specator knee jockey even I have ever been to. Dang fine place to race to. So, if you want to race the big runabouts, come to some NBRA races.

IOA does a fantastick job at their races, and they are affiliated with AOF, and NBRA I think. Oh, ya, also APBA. One club for all your fun.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
            X