NBRA Y80 restrictor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBRA Y80 restrictor?

Anyone know where I can get on of these restricitors? Even an old one out of spec. What prop are people putting on these novice rigs? Special built or used from another class? Would like to put one together for new people to try out.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Andrew, Larry McAfee makes the restrictors that are legal for NBRA. Send me a PM and I will get you his phone. Doug Schultz
    DOUG SCHULTZ--HERE FOR THE SUPPORT OF OUR SPORT

Comment

PM sent... Thanks!
      Fralick Racing

Comment

Winternationals Fallout

Canadians requesting info on the Novice class restrictors: I love it!

Andrew: In my opinion, this class ran very well in the AXS mix. Perhaps the J committee ought to look at this combination as a legal engine? Ed.
        14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

A class for the average adult that goes less than 60 is needed I think. The average adult can't fit in an A. This seems ideal to me. If it fits/works with the AX class how can you say no?

I really want one to use for test rides for potential racers... a 80 or 102 with this restrictor sounds like a good setup. safe ride.

Will these work on 102's 302's? What props would we use?

EDIT... on a 102/302 just for test rides... not to race... obviously it would be faster than the y80 setup.
          Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 04-13-2006, 11:02 AM.
          Fralick Racing

Comment

Ride for potential new drivers

Andrew:

I might offer you an option if you plan on trying to attract new drivers with a Yamato for power. There are any number of hydro's out there that were used for the PRO RB class some years back. I have two in excellent condition. These were used with 10-11 inch tall transoms as the powerheads were run on short tower housings. Use an existing Model 80 or what have you on a boat such as this with the transom built up some, not as high as you would run the motor in competition but low enough so the boat gets on plane quickly with a minimum of trouble and accelerates well and has minimum tendency to spin out. These boats were typically in the 12 ft long range, weighed 130-150 lbs and would probably run in the 50MPH range with a stock motor at a low tower housing height. That would give the race boat ride experience you want to give the person but would eliminate the getting on plane problems you sometimes have with a restrictor plate and also give a very safe introductory ride, I would think. I would donate one of the two Hydro's I have at no cost, all you would have to do is pick it up in the St. Louis area. You have a lot of NBRA drivers in the area and maybe one of them would get it to you at a NBRA race. Let me know if you are interested.
            Boat is in excellent shape, built by Krier and won many RB races in the 80's. Been stored inside since I quit driving.

Bill Van Steenwyk
            "It's hell to be irrelevant"

Comment

Props for intro ride

Andrew:

I also have a couple of brass 80 two blade props that were furnished with the motors when purchased. I would throw those in also.

Bill

Comment

That is an amazing offer Bill! Thank you! Let me talk to a couple guys here...

Andrew
                Fralick Racing

Comment

Bill... I was away for the weekend...

Asked one of the guys looking after the project and he said he'd take it and put it to good use... but... I looked on a map... St Louis is way over there! haha.

I think I could get it home from Franklin, PA. But I don't know anyone going further west than that until late summer/fall. Unless one of the Mod/IOA guys from MI/IN coming to Waterford June 24-25 would cross your path somewhere before then?
                  Fralick Racing

Comment

boat transport

Andrew:

I have no way anymore to transport the boat as my trailer was sold several years ago when I quit driving myself. The boat would be availiable to be picked up here but that is as much as I can do for you. There are a number of mod drivers in the area although I have no idea what races they plan on attending this summer. Let me know what you may want to do.

Bill

Comment

Thanks for the info Bill... Getting the boat is more work/time/money that I can afford for this season. I've passed the info to another person. See if anything happens. Thanks greatly though!

Back to my quest for a Y80 restrictor...
                      Fralick Racing

Comment

I have an AOF Novice restrictor if that is the same size. It is in great condition, only run once and finished first so it must be a good one. We ran it at the AOF Nationals in Omaha in 1999. We've outgrown it so let me know if you want it.

While the classes may appear close in performance depending on who you look at, remember at Alexandria you had the best AXSHs and rather unknown Novice equipment. We have run both and won and a good Novice rig is faster than an AXS, maybe 3 mph but much better in the corners and rough water with the bigger boat.

Comment

PM'd you hydroplay...
                          Fralick Racing

Comment

Looks like we got a donated restrictor, Thanks all!

Andrew
                            Fralick Racing

Comment

Working...
                            X