2023 Regata Guayaquil Vinces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Regata Guayaquil Vinces

First off, would like to thank Alan for preserving Hydroracer and the archives of history in which this site holds.

Starting Monday March 20th, the Throttled Team comprised of drivers Dustin Pearson and myself will begin their journey to Ecuador with Jerry Davids joining as ace Crew chief for the pair of experienced drivers. The group has been invited by the Mayor of Vinces Alfonso Montalvan and accommodations are being provided by Rogers Moscoso and family.

Pearson will be driving a brand new boat built by Javier Cruz and Wlodarski will be driving a boat owned by Moscoso, which has been raced previously in the Regata by Mike Akerstrom. Engines were closely examined and prepared by Davids for the trip. The group is looking forward to the hospitality provided by the city of Vinces.

I will be sure to share photos and updates here as well as the Throttled and my Personal Facebook page.

See everyone when we return,
    JWIII
    Johnny Wlodarski III
    24J

Go get em Johnny. Looks like a wild event, how does it compare to top o as far as course length?

Comment

The race itself starts in Guayaquil and ends in the city of Vince’s. It’s just about 64 miles and leads racers through the Guayas, Babahoyo and Vinces rivers. Compared to Top O where racers run 87 miles over the two day event (45 Saturday and 42 Sunday). They refer to Regata Guayaquil- Vinces at the most dangerous in the world due to the debris in the water and the conditions racers face. In my experience Top O water conditions are the biggest challenge in a sense that you will not see large wakes like those of Burt or Mullet Lake in Ecuador but it’s not uncommon for a 20ft tree, refrigerator or dead animal to be floating towards you during the race down there. Both races have their own challenges which is why we enjoy both.
      Johnny Wlodarski III
      24J

Comment

Working...
      X