No announcement yet.

Minor project CSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to tools I’m more comfortable with. Sanded down the remainder of the raised section that was used to mount the plexiglass with a grinder and flap wheel. With it sanded down another test fit convinced me that the new cowl will cover the damage once cleaned up and sealed.

Comment

It should be ready for some rookie laps in two weeks when we run the Last Blast.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Albert; 07-30-2023, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Well, summer is over.
        Not one I care to repeat if I'm honest but one of the highlights was getting this thing out in the sunshine and putting no less than 8 different rookies in this boat over the course of 2 days!
        We had help from some locals lending appropriate sized safety gear and a prop when needed. Good times were had by all.
        We had everything from people who had only ever been in a pleasure boat to an inboard racer in this thing and it really is quite stable at 1.25" below and 1.5* of tuck. We jacked the motor up 1/2" for one round on a more experienced driver and the boat was still very stable. In all, it may not be a world beater but it's a great boat for people who want to wet their feet. At the rookie set up the boat would run about 50mph. Plenty fast to give people a taste without putting them at too much risk.
        Last edited by Albert; 09-28-2023, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X