Mercury quickie gear case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury quickie gear case

I am new to this site, but I just restored my marchetti 1960s hydroplane and its original KG4. I want to use the boat so I need to get more HP. I picked up a recently restored KG7 powerhead and found an H tower. However , I an having little luck with finding a gear case. Can anyone steer me in the right direction ? Thank you

I have a complete quicksilver tower and gear case with deep clamp brackets and steering bar. $1000 plus shipping. John maddrell. email me if interested . I am in canton. Ohio. email modjohn300@aol.com

Comment

I sent emails to your address

Comment

Originally posted by cwilliamson View Post
        I am new to this site, but I just restored my marchetti 1960s hydroplane and its original KG4. I want to use the boat so I need to get more HP. I picked up a recently restored KG7 powerhead and found an H tower. However , I an having little luck with finding a gear case. Can anyone steer me in the right direction ? Thank you
        Good to hear classics restored, post pics.
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Originally posted by cwilliamson View Post
          It is always great to see that there are restoration projects in work. The KG7 power head would most likely have more power than the KG4…. as long that the KG7 has good compression and the carburetor and magneto are also in good working condition.
          The gear case that Mr. Maddrell has for sale would be a good buy… he is very honest.

Other parts are also available from Alan VanWeele…337-304-0379 or David VanWeele…386-295-3391.

Post some pictures. Good luck on your project. There is lots of information here on this site…. just ask.
          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Check out the post by ADDvanced about his 8’ hydro restoration. There is lots of info there that will be useful to you also.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
            X