Yamato " kick back "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato " kick back "

When starting our Yamato motors [ 80, 302,321 ] for the first time of the season or after a long lay off between races, I am getting kick back when I rope over the motors. After the motors have been fired, ready to race , the problem does not exist. How do others eliminate this problem?

I assume all fuel drained from carb and tank when in storage? What are your start process steps when out of storage? When out of storage I rope over my Y80 with plugs out and ignition kill switch grounded to remove excess fuel and storage oil and after filling tank and pressing the float pin a few times it starts after a few rope overs with no backfire. Ignition always locked on full advance.
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Get a snowmobile recoil handle, put some rope on it and use it to start your outboard engines. Much more substantial handle and will eliminate any recoil problems. I take it you oil your cylinders? Your getting a hydrolock. Pull the plugs if you want the first time and rope it over a couple of times. The snowmobile handle is the way to go though.

Comment

Only ONE wrap, no more

Comment

Working...
        X