No announcement yet.

Merc 25XS Gearcase Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ya! I got the motor running last night on it's own fuel supply. Smoked like a son of a gun. Puking oil into the bucket o water. I expect from a zealous storage fog. It wasn't under load, so I didn't rev it. I didn't run smoothly at all. Both cylinders were firing, judging by the warm plugs. I'm thinking the rough running was also in part from the fixed timing, being rather advanced at low rpm with no load. The plan it to get some fresh plugs, then get it on the water, under load.
    Any thoughts ?
    Thx
    Tom

Comment

Load it back up and come run with us in New Brunswick in August ! We could have 3 bezoats on the water at once.

Also I still stand by is that there are very few things as exciting as firing a motor for the first time. Load it back up and come run with us in New Brunswick in August ! We could have 3 bezoats on the water at once.

Comment

Hey Albert. I would love to go hang out with you folks. Travel isn't in the cards this summer though. Too many cottage projects!. I've been paying close attention to your project. You have done an amazing job.
        I will get some photos of mine on the water. Hopefully this weekend!
        Cheers

Comment

Can't wait to see pictures and hear how it goes.
          Thanks for the compliments, I couldn't be happier with how my boat turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSki View Post
            I got the motor running last night on it's own fuel supply. Smoked like a son of a gun. It didn't run smoothly at all. Both cylinders were firing, judging by the warm plugs. I'm thinking the rough running was also in part from the fixed timing,
            So "unfix" the timing and retard it some. New sparkplugs for sure. Mine have always idled nicely in the water, but have the old motorcycle "ring a ding ding, da ding dinga ding" sound when dry fired out of the water.

Comment

Working...
            X