Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Runne

John,
    did you receive my messages? Apparently your email address has been compromised. Email me at jschubert19j@gmail.com.
    Thanks
    John

Yes it was. Thanks for the concern.

Comment

John,

FYI, I received a scam email this morning purportedly from you. It appears to be coming from, and being replied to, the same email address used to send info to CVRA members. This problem might be fixed with a password change on that email account. But if you already changed your password you might want to check to make sure the scammer didn't set up a forwarding address from your email account to one the scammer controls when the scammer had control of your account. Just trying to be helpful...

Scam Email Text:

"I'm sorry for bothering you with this mail, knowing that this is random for me to ask you. I need to get a Google play, Steam or iTunes gift card for my niece who is in urgent need of it, but I can't do this now as I am currently traveling. I tried purchasing it online but unfortunately, I had no luck with that.

Can you do me a favor of getting the gift card at any store around you? You can get it at any grocery or drug stores around like Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Target, Best Buy or Kroger. I promise to reimburse you asap.

Kindly let me know if you can handle this for me. I will be waiting your response."
      @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
      72@E
      Former Boat Racer
      21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
      20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

John,
        just received another funky request to buy a gift card.
        if you have changed your email please send a note to mine.

Thanks
        john

Comment

I bought 4 gift cards and would like immediate payment at Wilson!

Comment

I was hacked again. I still have not gotten it straightened out. I'm trying to keep the same email address but so far not enough help from Microsoft. Very frustrating. If anybody needs something you can text me at : 252-636-9007

Comment

Working...
            X