new storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new storage

i picked up a 'one use' sea container last week. the workshop was getting too cluttered. moved some of my antique engines and parts into it. i can start walking in the workshop.

Nice motor collection.... how much $$ was the sea container?
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

dean, it was used once to ship over so it's brand new, no dents or dings. came with a 10 year warranty against leaks. 20 ' long, 8'wide and 8.5' high. delivered it was $3700. i couldn't build one for that. came from shipped.com. great people to work with.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• fbref5269
          fbref5269 commented
          Editing a comment
          dean, i looked at the capacity sticker on the door. it will hold 62,380 pounds. you can get a few old pr's in there lol.

Is the gas Cresent for sale ?

Comment

• fbref5269
          fbref5269 commented
          Editing a comment
          sorry not for sale

Nice Collection.

And nice motor racks. Just what I need. Do you have a design drawing of your double deck motor rack?
        Fred Hauenstein

Comment

• fbref5269
          fbref5269 commented
          Editing a comment
          it was a simple design. the uprights are 4x4. the support feet at the bottom are 24" long made from 2x4s. the gussets are 3/4 plywood. the lower rack height is to suit as is the upper rack. i did put 2x4 spacers between the upright and the gusset. i used lag bolts to fasten the racks on. assembled it by myself. the uprights will stand by themselves and i put a nail where the bottom of the rack was going to be the set the rack on it. i used 2x6 for the rack. did it all in one day. that includes looking for all the tools lol.

• Fast Freddie
          Fast Freddie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. Sounds so easy; the way you describe it, I could probably do it.

That Crescent looks familiar for some reason...

Comment

• fbref5269
          fbref5269 commented
          Editing a comment
          she sure is pretty. i;ll be in touch for the power wiring. are you on this side of the country?

That is an awesome storage idea and very reasonably priced as well.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Nice Collection.

And nice motor racks. Just what I need. Do you have a design drawing of your double deck motor rack?
          Fred Hauenstein

Comment

fast freddie, i commented on your earlier message. also the red storage came from home depot on sale for $160. rach shelf holds 2000 pounds.

Comment

fast freddie, i commented on your earlier message. also the red storage came from home depot on sale for $160. rack shelf holds 2000 pounds.

Comment

Perhaps it won’t affect you, but here in the NW when using the metal storage containers, we need to keep a dehumidifier going throughout the winter. I had friend pick up a pair of 40 foots and park his antique cars in there and everything molded, rusted and rotted in 8 months. Ended up being a 315k insurance fiasco. Lesson learned.
                http://vitalire.com/

Comment

• fbref5269
                  fbref5269 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  there are 10 air vents along the top of the sides. the unit can breath but in the east i don't think we have the humidity you may have.
              Working...
              X