Raceboat 55B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raceboat 55B

Was 55-B Jack Neely during the early 60’s especially when the SO nationals were held in Boston? I was contacted by someone who has a commemorative ashtray with what looks like a Maloof DSH with 55-B

I am pretty sure Jack has always been 40B, but I think 55B may have been Don Pigeon who I think was Larry Castignetto's cousin. I am not sure of this, but my mind is kinda hinting it to me.

Comment

Don Pigeon was number 55-B in CSH & DSH. He drove a boat he and Larry Castagneto built. They were both from Melrose, Massachusetts and his family owned Pigeon Hollow Spar in East Boston, Ma. That is where the Casta Craft Boats were built until the building burned down in the late 60’s and for all intense and purposes ended the Casta Craft boat building era.

Don finished 4th in CSH at the 1963 Boston Stock Nationals and Larry won DSH. At those Nationals they gave out souvenir ash trays and it was Don’s image on the ash tray. When Don retired he sold some of his equipment to Joel Crowley who also lived in Melrose, Ma. Joel kept the number 55-B for the next 30 years or better.

Comment

Don Pigeon was number 55-B in CSH & DSH. He drove a boat he and Larry Castagneto built. They were both from Melrose, Massachusetts and his family owned Pigeon Hollow Spar in East Boston, Ma. That is where the Casta Craft Boats were built until the building burned down in the late 60’s and for all intense and purposes ended the Casta Craft boat building era.

Don finished 4th in CSH at the 1963 Boston Stock Nationals and Larry won DSH. At those Nationals they gave out souvenir ash trays and it was Don’s image on the ash tray. When Don retired he sold some of his equipment to Joel Crowley who also lived in Melrose, Ma. Joel kept the number 55-B for the next 30 years or better.

Jack Neely had several numbers, most notably 40-B. He ran number 90-B in DSH during the 1963 season. I am told his favorite number was 1US.

Comment

Working...
        X