Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herb Lanphear involved in crash on way home from Jesup

Herb asked me to let all know.

He was sideswiped in downtown Atlanta last night by what we think were urban street racers. He was hit on the passenger side and was run into a retaining wall on the drivers side of his truck.

Herb is banged up with a broken nose, broken hand and lots of bumps and bruises.

His racing equipment is trashed. Two lower units gone, two power heads gone, tools gone, new Runne Hydro full of holes, trailer totaled, 7-8 props missing too.

He needs some really good stuff to replace what he lost in the wreck . He's open to offers.

Tim
    Tim Weber

WTF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.so sorry to hear. He called me on the way home from Jesup and all was well then. We were keeping each other awake driving. You can replace equipment, glad he is alive and on the mend

Comment

That’s terrible. So sorry to hear.

Heal up quick Herb! ....great seeing you at Jesup.

- Mike

Comment

Sad Day!!! Driving in Atlanta is life threatening!!! So Sorry!!

Comment

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Sorry to hear about all of your equipment. That trailer was so awesome.

Comment

Hope you get healed up soon, Herb! I am sorry this happened to you.

I witnessed a high speed street race several years ago in Atlanta returning from Jesup. Nicki and I were on I-75 through town (no bypass taken), after dark when about a half dozen late model Camaros began weaving through traffic at high rates of speed. They were using all lanes available and making holes to change lanes were there weren't any. There no accidents that I saw, but it was plenty scarey. Total disregard for anyone's personal safety. I have never forgot it, and always remember to stay aware of such possibilities on my Jesup trips.
            Tom Burwinkle
            11-K
            sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Hope you get healed up soon, Herb! I am sorry this happened to you.

I witnessed a high speed street race several years ago in Atlanta returning from Jesup. Nicki and I were on I-75 through town (no bypass taken), after dark when about a half dozen late model Camaros began weaving through traffic at high rates of speed. They were using all lanes available and making holes to change lanes were there weren't any. There were no accidents that I saw, but it was plenty scarey. Total disregard for anyone's personal safety. I have never forgot it, and always remember to stay aware of such possibilities on my Jesup trips.
              Tom Burwinkle
              11-K
              sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Working...
              X