Hinton race site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinton race site

was just down to Hinton for a trip to see what it looked like. stayed in a cabin at bluestone and enjoyed the beautiful fall scenery. new road to the pits was nice and pits looked good except there were no race boats there. its is one of my favorite sites in my 67 years of racing. had some nice pics but couldn't seem to get them attached.

will try and attach pictures. scenery is still great and only thing missing was and hundred race boats

Comment

• dwhitford
      dwhitford commented
      Editing a comment
      My favorite ever race site!

Yep... still looks the same... cool John.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

great place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

more pictures from Hinton. cabin at bluestone is doggy approved. old and new roads to the pits.

Comment

One of the best race sites ever Won my first DSH Nationals there 44 years
          ago Guess I am getting up there in age
          Hope all had a great Thanksgiving
          Glasses

Comment

Love racing there!

Comment

Raced at Hinton , year was 1969, I borrowed my pal Skeet Combs' Runabout...' got whipped badly in AU... Skeet then swapped his cornpopper on to his boat for BU. ABC's Wide World of Sports was there, Up above 'filming' on a flat bed of an 18-wheel trailer.
            The Thrill of Victory, and I knew what the Agony of DEFEAT meant ! !

Here's the video Dave Little's home movies - Hinton Nationals 1969 - YouTube

* Ernie Fanslau , another BU driver did "well" ___

Comment

Does anyone know why the races each year haven’t continued at this race site?. I loved racing there when they went back around 2014, 2015.
              88-S

Comment

It costs a ton of money to put on a race there now I believe. Pat

Comment

Working...
                X