• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bill hoctor View Post
    {sid son !} not craft !
    correct!!!!

Comment

• Ugh... Tried for a half an hour to get photos riposted on the first page with no luck. Keep getting "internal server error 500"

Here's a quick look back at where we started.

Comment

• That is what I get and I also get it now if I try to comment on your post box. I contacted the site about the picture thing and was told that they would look into it, but nothing works yet. I know they were talking about giving up on the site because they do not race anymore and maybe the not working thing is a way to get to that point. Maybe we should consider using Ron Hill's Boatracingfacts site more as this site may be on it's way to being gone and all our posted information with it. I hate to see that happen, but one has to wonder with the diminished workings of this site.

Comment

• I had the same problem with a comment post to Currethers it indicated error and does not appear on the site but it appears in my posts made?
          "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

• Until it shuts down I'll keep updating this.
            Just wait for the 10k views special post....I'll give you all a hint. It looks like a boat again!!!

Comment

• 122175166_920632368465745_241989506366482359_n.jpg Ahhh, Who am I kidding I can't keep you folks in the dark.

Last edited by Albert; 11-29-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Very nice with cold in Canada when will you be able to use it? What is being used for fasteners with the epoxy? I assume the deck underside skins will be epoxied.
                Last edited by ZUL8TR; 10-25-2020, 11:47 AM.
                No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

• Albert
                  Albert commented
                  Editing a comment
                  River usually thaws by Easter and is warm enough to step in by the end of May.

• Carruthers
                  Carruthers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The fasteners are 5/8 staples and yes everything will get 3 coats of epoxy inside and out

• ZUL8TR
                  ZUL8TR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I assume stainless?

• Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
                Very nice with cold in Canada when will you be able to use it? What is being used for fasteners with the epoxy? Of course the undersides of the deck will be epoxied. I assume the deck underside skins will be epoxied.
                I'll let Adam answer the questions about construction.

River usually becomes liquid again by Easter and is warm enough to step in by the end of May.
                Last edited by Albert; 10-25-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Big day folks the decks are back on, treated with west systems inside and out.

Comment

• Could not have been anymore impressed with the boat or Carruthers workmanship when I went to see the boat today. Outside coats of west systems up next then it’s time to figure out paint.

Comment

• Very nice, the cowl is perfect. Nice grain I would do the color design carefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
                        Very nice, the cowl is perfect. Nice grain I would do the color design carefully.
                        I can't say enough about how well the boat is coming out. We discussed paint for an hour today. It's going to be a hard call. There will be plenty of exposed wood to show off the beauty of the boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert View Post

I can't say enough about how well the boat is coming out. We discussed paint for an hour today. It's going to be a hard call. There will be plenty of exposed wood to show off the beauty of the boat.
                          Wow... with an end result like that.... very little paint.... Great job... Wow again.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post

Wow... with an end result like that.... very little paint.... Great job... Wow again.
                            Dean,
                            It will be receiving a minimal painted stripes that will hopefully compliment the boat. We just don't know what colour they will be, or what exactly they will look like just yet.

Comment

• 2D9DF1C9-8649-44F5-8658-F9F14B3DA98D.jpeg So the west systems really brings out the grain. Getting harder and harder to want to put paint over this thing.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Albert; 02-18-2021, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X