Boat Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Setup

Question for all the set up gurus out there. On a boat with an off set cockpit, would you centre your motor to the cockpit or to the centre of the boat? I normally set up to the centre of the cockpit.

Originally posted by Harold8 View Post
    Question for all the set up gurus out there. On a boat with an off set cockpit, would you centre your motor to the cockpit or to the centre of the boat? I normally set up to the centre of the cockpit.

Simple... just test both and go with the setup that suits you... go for it. Testing, testing, testing... that’s the ticket.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Agree completely with Dean.
      Test them both.

Good luck!

Comment

Agreed testing tells almost all (in a race reveals the remainder). Note that if you have a kickout bolted to the transom you will have to move it to test other other position from where it is. If the kickout is integral with the engine tower no issue.
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Test all over the transom. Made offset steering bar for testing right to the cockpit sides, both sides. Like Dean said, testing will reveal the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
            Agreed testing tells almost all (in a race reveals the remainder). Note that if you have a kickout bolted to the transom you will have to move it to test other other position from where it is. If the kickout is integral with the engine tower no issue.
            As mentioned if your kick out bracket is on the boat change it to one on the motor..... Tom Cronk has them... his thread is on here.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

The question really should be: On a stock or mod type race boat, where should the motor be located on the transom?

Comment

• Harold8
                Harold8 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I guess I should have been clearer!

I had a DSH built in 2005 with an off-set cockpit. The builders instruction was to center the motor to the cockpit. This made sense to me since we only
              turn left. The boat handles and turns well so I never tried centering to the boat.

Sincerely,

Doug Follett

Comment

Working...
              X