Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you miss and not miss about boat racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you miss and not miss about boat racing?

Just curious as to what people miss and dont miss about boat racing

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
    I miss all of the boat racing family... which for me is a lot of people since I have been doing this since 1962.

Wishing everyone well and hopefully seeing all of you next year.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Dont miss wet pants in the AM to PM and rocks in the shoes DO MISS THE PEOPLE

Comment

Lol...gotta say I dont miss wearing the wet socks all day......

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
          Don't miss the TRAVEL !

Comment

Most region 10 races I attend are 4-5 hours away. Not a huge deal. A lot of us used to race in region 11-12. where its a 20 hour drive to get to race site. Honestly never minded the west coast haul. I sort of enjoyed going to the midwest/east coast for nationals. I could tell you stories of me and rental cars.......

Comment

Breakfast on Sunday a.m...... Ladysmith, Wisc. Mostly drivers, crew & family.

Comment

I miss just going fast!!!! Sensation of speed on water is twice as much as on land.

Comment

I never really get a thrill out of going fast for whatever reason.....I have gone thru the 1/4 mile traps in my D stock at 85 or so, and it was not something I want to try again. I get more of a rush being side by side with Daren or Ron or whoever at 80 headed to the first turn. And you are correct about the sensation of speed being much greater in a boat then in a car or plane etc....I have a 79 Jetster 460 jet boat, and when its going 50 or so it feels much faster then 50 in a car!

Comment

To be perfectly honest I miss it all. The competition, the striving for that next mile per hour, the travel adventures, and especially the racing family and we are a family.

Comment

i miss getting away for a long weekend. i always leave early friday morning, my boss is understanding considering he's me. miss the fellow racers and the bs sessions. i still hope to make a race at wilson, nc and or millville nj. hope to see everyone soon.

frank novotny

52-E

Comment

I honestly miss being around my friends. I did not think it would be this hard on me to not be around them.....I am sure a lot of people feel as I do. I miss getting ready for a race....going thru my checklist carefully to make sure I leave nothing behind etc.

Comment

I definitely miss my racing friends every weekend (though social media gives some connection). I miss going fast and competing, but I am enjoying this time away from the sport (first summer off in 25 years). Spending more time with family and doing house projects that have been built up for awhile. A little golf. I went testing two weeks ago and I got the itch back pretty quick. Can't wait to go to Top O this weekend for my only boat race of the year.
                          Kyle Bahl
                          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

I miss everything..the boat racing family...the racing itself..Everyone’s help and 2 cents to help a fellow racer. This community is awesome!! But i miss mostly the time spent with pops and boat stuff..from setting the boats up, to starting him/me to yes, the traveling. Driving to/from the races have been some of the best moments for me.

i don’t miss the rocks in the shoes though...or the sunburn.

Looking forward to getting back next year..It’ll be Jesup 2021 for us.

Comment

Aside from Hydroracer, I rarely go on social media......it seems to easy to get bashed by people....and I get enough of THAT at the races. But was kinda cool Sunday to see a parade of both vintage and current unlimiteds in a parade around Seattle area....people were honking their horns and waving etc....was beyond cool. Side note...last weeks Seattle Times had a wonderful artical about the Slo Mo boats and the beginning of Seafair in Seattle. It was well written, and really underscores how boat racing even to this day is woven in the fabric of Seattle area.

Comment

Working...
                              X